ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (3/29) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Oho! Round 1 to the Developer! (Curses! Foiled!)
Feature tip: First Run Dialog box!

Okay, lessee...

dmd7978:
Oho! Round 1 to the Developer! (Curses! Foiled!)
Feature tip: First Run Dialog box!

Okay, lessee...

-TaoPhoenix (May 04, 2012, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noted, dialog box, check.

From there, you want to set Windows to show icon and notifications, so it doesnt get hidden, which will be a hassle, as you have to do a few things with that icon. Now, right click it and click New. Name and save the splinterface. So, then, you are able to right click it icon again and add a page. (just a standard Win wallpaper). After that, you can right click again and begin adding triggers. With trigger, right click it, go to splicon, and then select a 32bit png file. The right side of the dialog box is where the image will end up, the left is where it will start. Three sets of variables will adjust how it "opens"(which is called splanime). Set number of frames and fps, click okay, then click the trigger to see the splanime. You can drag any file, folder, or app onto that image to hot link it.

tomos:
Portable version starts okay here in Win 7 (shows in the tray). Not sure where to take it from there, but I'm closing down now so will try look at it again tomorrow

dmd7978:
Portable version starts okay here in Win 7 (shows in the tray). Not sure where to take it from there, but I'm closing down now so will try look at it again tomorrow
-tomos (May 04, 2012, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, thanks tomos. Just look at the post above yours for the next steps.

Or the following link will show you step by step dock creation

Splicon Dock Image/Text Tutorial

TaoPhoenix:
New problem: Failure of Utility-Imagination.
I'm a utilitarian at heart. So I'm stuck trying to decide what this does for me (besides fun eye candy!) this does for me better than the usual windows icons on a desktop. I tend to work on a flat black background, so I don't use wallpaper flippers.

Edit: But then I'm a boring old pest not worthy of your vision. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version