topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Splinter  (Read 87907 times)

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Splinter
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Make this the wallpaper and it should line up with the triggers that are hidden

354641.jpgSplinter

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Okay, time to put my Pest Hat on.

I added that wallpaper.

No amount of hovering or clicking anywhere near the "Nuclear Orbs" does anything.

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 11:40 AM »

I added that wallpaper.

No amount of hovering or clicking anywhere near the "Nuclear Orbs" does anything.

HAHA, OKAY, I WILL SET MY SCREEN REZ TO 1360 AND RESEND.

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2012, 11:44 AM »
Dont see attachment in quick reply that is why I keep doing this..

anyway, this is same one, just with triggers showing. posting now. but when file uploaded and posted, i will come back in and edit in order to tell you how to hide the triggers again

K, so just right click a trigger, go to properties, then appearance tab. set opacity to 99. click okay and they will fade out. that is it. click left one first, then right, to see splanime

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2012, 11:49 AM »

I added that wallpaper.

WAIT, HERE MATCH THESE SETTINGS FOR THE RIGHT SPLICON, IN ORDER TO SEE A BETTER SPLANIME

414141.jpg

THIS is what splanimation is. The art of making a still image, simply OPEN, based on three sets of variables for both starting and ending locations, and making it look similar to pre-recorded, frame by frame animation. This isn't a perfect example, but it is still cool and only can get better. This is MY favorite part of Splinter's "entertainment' side

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Getting closer! But do you mean "transparency" at 99%, not "opacity"? It's like you have them backwards!

Meanwhile, how do you set any of that to opening a folder?

And I also found a bug. Let's say that the correct order is Left Trigger then Right Trigger, after I have clicked the right trigger and then the left one a second time to "put here away", I am left with an arm in mid air, and if I click the right one first (should do nothing) then an arm appears out of mid air.

Edit: I put the new settings in, I do think it looks better.

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Getting closer! But do you mean "transparency" at 99%, not "opacity"? It's like you have them backwards!

Meanwhile, how do you set any of that to opening a folder?

And I also found a bug. Let's say that the correct order is Left Trigger then Right Trigger, after I have clicked the right trigger and then the left one a second time to "put here away", I am left with an arm in mid air, and if I click the right one first (should do nothing) then an arm appears out of mid air.

Ya, backwards. I'm movin a mile a minute....Open a folder. Drag the folder onto either the trigger or the splicon. That is it. Drag and drop, with Splinter.

And that isnt a bug. I didn't create a script set. I just did what you asked. I will post in a few minutes the text to copy paste into the script tab in order to do what you say. (Right now they are simply triggers opening splicons. there is no scripting or code of any type happening)

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 11:58 AM »
simply go  to left trigger, right click, go to properties, then script tab and paste the following line

splinter kill 3

WAIT, ON FIRST TAB MAKE SURE THAT "RUN SCRIPT" IS CHECKED

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Edit: I put the new settings in, I do think it looks better.

Thanks. Too easy, with the scripting, right?

Actually, I was foolish to have her sword appear over the blue part, initially. Without the blue being needed to match, the splanime woudl be seamless, almost impossible to tell apart from animation.

And always a good idea to adjust the number of frames, to see how your pc handles it. May be way different than mine.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2012, 12:05 PM »
But how do you disable the right side when it is not "chained" to the left part?

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 12:09 PM »
But how do you disable the right side when it is not "chained" to the left part?

what do you mean?

splinter kill 3

placed in the left triggers script tab, MAKE SURE ON "ACTIONS' TAB, "RUN SCRIPT IS CHECKED. I forgot to do.....just copy paste this and then check box and then you are good to go

are you asking HOW or do mean it didnt work? If you right click the right trigger and look at the top, it will have a number. that is its trigger ID. it is 3. so, splinter kill 3, runs right after the left trigger initiates the closing of ITS splicon.

so it is like when you click on left trigger "run MY splicon and then instantly go to the script and do whatever it says, which is to KILL, instantly the other trigger's splicon"

I will elaborate more, if necessary, no prob....

BUT i cannot for about another hour. I will be back then. I will wait to hear if you understand this part, and then if so, i must shower and hit road. If not, I will elaborate further, first.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 12:22 PM »

So far so good, but what I meant is that the right trigger should not be available at all until the left trigger is clicked. Even with your "kill", the right trigger still creates a Phantom Arm, and from that Security Discussion, an extra point of "what does this do".

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2012, 12:39 PM »
So far so good, but what I meant is that the right trigger should not be available at all until the left trigger is clicked. Even with your "kill", the right trigger still creates a Phantom Arm, and from that Security Discussion, an extra point of "what does this do".
j

No, that is not right, no disrespect. No phantom arm CAN be created when clicking the left trigger, becaue the only command it has is KILL. If it were "splinter run 3", then yes. But not the way I said to do it. Do you mean that just by clicking the right trigger you get a phantom arm? Of course, if the left trigger's splicon has not been initiated it will create a phantom arm.

Look, this is hot linking. One icon to one file. Unless you put it in a script. It is a LITERAL impossibility to have 10 triggers on screen and then have them all initiate a seamless sequence the way you want. There will always be an odd man out. Either in the opening or the closing portion. That is the whole point of hiding them. They dont just have to be 99%, they can be 100% transparent. For the right trigger, I wouldn't even have that the way it is. I would normally just hotlink a script that says to RUN the right trigger's splicon, dropped onto HER, and the right trigger would be hidden.

I was just trying to quickly make was you requested is all. You want something in depth, be specific, I will do it. "what does this do"......Well, I would have to say EVERYTHING that you can ask it to. Just be specific. THIS is the problem I have with conveying Splinter. It is so, INSANELY in depth that I could speak 20 hours straight and maybe say all that it is. It doesn't have "limits' PERIOD. Not just "limits" for a single app. IT DOESN'T HAVE LIMITS WITHIN THE DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT. PERIOD. ASK ME TO DO, I CAN DO. NOTHING I CANNOT TURN INTO A  SPLINTERFACE. NOTHING. (not yelling, trying to emphasize this dramatically)

Have to leave now, be back in an hour

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2012, 12:44 PM »
I appreciate your response! I am nearly satisfied with the mockup, all I want is one more feature where other triggers do not activate unless the correct first one does. So for here, it is the left one first, then that unlocks the right one. Then if that second right trigger goes to a folder, that is all I need.

But you mentioned an errand, I can wait for a couple hours if you need to do that.

And the first splinter should do nothing but enable the second. Do you see? Instead of the "reward" of having a woman icon rising up, for the security side the first icon should do nothing, and only the second trigger opens a folder.

Re: my hanging arm, you could just put a dependency on it, so that Z trigger doesn't open until it logs X then Y triggers first, otherwise it does nothing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:50 PM by TaoPhoenix »

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2012, 02:12 PM »

disregard this, see below
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:31 PM by dmd7978 »

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 02:22 PM »
I appreciate your response! I am nearly satisfied with the mockup, all I want is one more feature where other triggers do not activate unless the correct first one does. So for here, it is the left one first, then that unlocks the right one. Then if that second right trigger goes to a folder, that is all I need.

But you mentioned an errand, I can wait for a couple hours if you need to do that.

And the first splinter should do nothing but enable the second. Do you see? Instead of the "reward" of having a woman icon rising up, for the security side the first icon should do nothing, and only the second trigger opens a folder.

Re: my hanging arm, you could just put a dependency on it, so that Z trigger doesn't open until it logs X then Y triggers first, otherwise it does nothing.

Remember to, for the left and right triggers, right click them, go to properties,  and in the first tab UNCHECK "run splicon" and CHECK "run script" (this will disable the woman and the arm)(if you want to have these open as well in a certain way, we will handle that after you set this first part)

PASTE THIS ONE INTO THE SCRIPT BOX FOR THE LEFT TRIGGER
Fill in the blank spot with the number of the new trigger you create.

splinter show
splinter hide 2
splinter hide 3

The left trigger is ID 2. So it says to show the new trigger(), hide itself and also hide the right trigger(3).

PASTE THIS ONE INTO THE SCRIPT BOX FOR THE NEW TRIGGER
Fill in the blank spot with the number of the new trigger you create.

splinter show 2
splinter hide
splinter show 3

The new trigger is ID "x". So it says to show the left trigger (2), hide itself and also show the right trigger(3).

Once you have pasted the scripts, place the new trigger DIRECTLY over the left trigger. This script makes one disappear and the other appear, while one shows the right trigger and the other hides it.

For folder access, just drag any folder onto the right trigger. That is all you have to do.

Good question, thank you. I would love to handle more like this. I have, still, only seen ONE splicon created by anyone, in the year that Splinter has been "publicly" available.(no one knew about it for first 8 months)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:41 PM by dmd7978 »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?

No, no, not the right one, that one stays. The NEW one that you create will go over the left one. And gone, how? You probably have to load the splinterface again through "open". They wouldn't disappear ---oh, you placed the script into the right one? Yeah, that isn't the way.

So, create a new trigger from the tasktray icon, right click trigger, go to properties, CHECK "run script", go to script tab and paste the following

splinter show 2
splinter show 3

Click ok and then click the trigger

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2012, 02:52 PM »
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?

Then cut the script out of the right trigger(then uncheck run script for right trigger) and put it into the new trigger, replacing the script I just gave you. Click ok, and that should do it.

Yes, you can have a microscopic dot or an "invisible" location that you just click. Or any other image. Generally, the answer to "can I" when asking about Splinter, the answer is "Yes, of course".

So, I mean, you don't "need' the whole setup, if you do not want. If all you care about is a folder that is not able to be seen by other people, 99% transparency will handle that for the trigger. You will only know it is there when you hover on it. Unless you disable trigger tips with CTRL+SHFT+A, OR you move the trigger down far enough so that the trigger tip is off screen. (But it is cooler with the spli-script)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:00 PM by dmd7978 »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Sorry, I'm only as sharp as a marble. I'm stuck again. I can't even find any of the triggers anymore. They don't even register anymore.

Can you upload a version of the overlay with two white dots that signal the click points, such that the right trigger only activates if the left does, and then we can select a folder?

Edit: 1280 x 1024 is the preferred resolution if you can do it.

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Sorry, I'm only as sharp as a marble. I'm stuck again. I can't even find any of the triggers anymore. They don't even register anymore.

Can you upload a version of the overlay with two white dots that signal the click points, such that the right trigger only activates if the left does, and then we can select a folder?

It is cool. That is cause you put the script into the right trigger. That is why I need you to create a new trigger with the directions above. And paste the script that will show the two triggers that you hid. If you follow exactly what I said, you will be set,no problem at all.

Can I upload?
I can, and I will, if you insist. But it is super easy, will only take you 30 seconds to fix if you follow directions above, no joke. Once you see how easy it is, it will come more naturally, next time. All you have to do is create new trigger, paste the new script i gave, click that trigger to show the two you hid, cut the script out of the right trigger and place it into the new trigger, replacing the script that just showed the left and right ones, and that is it. nothing else needs to be done.

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2012, 03:22 PM »

So, create a new trigger from the tasktray icon, right click trigger, go to properties, CHECK "run script", go to script tab and paste the following

splinter show 2
splinter show 3

Click ok and then click the trigger (this script will show the left and right ones that you hid)

Then right click the right trigger, go to properties, uncheck run script, then go to script tab and cut the script out of the right trigger and then paste it into the new trigger's script window, replacing the script I just gave you. Click ok, and that should do it.

OR, you can just redownload the splinterface which has the two triggers showing, and then create a new trigger and paste into IT what you pasted into the right trigger last time

I only say because it will take me 5minutes to set up my laptop and you could be done in half that time, at most.

EDIT-------
wait, i will just load it onto this computer, will take me a few minutes. Try yourself, too, but I will upload the correct spli-script in a few minutes, too.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:28 PM by dmd7978 »

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Here ya go. All good. Drag folder onto the right trigger to hot link it.

Move them to where you wish and then right click them and go to properties and UNCHECK "movable"

this is 1280x720. just load it in your native reaolution
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:40 PM by dmd7978 »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2012, 04:02 PM »
Stay Awesome! I will have to think on that and then see if my feeble powers are up tpo it! : )

dmd7978

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Spli-Stuff Blog
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Stay Awesome! I will have to think on that and then see if my feeble powers are up tpo it! : )

Thanks, Tao. Need anything lemme know. And if any more good ideas, share, too, please!