Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 27, 2014, 08:11:18 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate My Film... Dot Com.  (Read 1576 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »

Here's a cool site to help independent film makers get their ideas out:

http://piratemyfilm.com/static/how_it_works

Legal pirating of creative commons, crowd funded media projects

All projects on PirateMyfilm are CreativeCommons licensed unless otherwise stipulated by project owners. Dividends are distributed to shareholders by project owners at their discretion.

Getting started: Click on 'Need Money' list a project during any stage of development, specifying the funds needed and various details. The system automatically creates enough shares to meet the funding request and then makes these shares available for reservation to all members. All shares are priced at $5. All shareholders receive a credit on the finished project and are eligible for cash dividends distributed by project owners at their discretion.

Etc.

If you really want to dive down the rabbit hole, investigate the fellow behind the site and what he has to say about the current state of affairs. Wink

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »

The really cool part to look for (maybe I'll check this weekend) is which CC licenses are used - if they allow Derivatives and Mashups.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:15:36 PM »

Er. . . If it's legal then it's not pirating. . . huh

mitzevo
Supporting Member

Control is power

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »

I've been tricked?  Angry /me puts pirate hat away

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

I've been tricked?  Angry /me puts pirate hat away

You can always pirate the ones "stipulated not to be Creative Commons Licensed". : )
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »

Update: The movies look boring and I can't easily figure out how to "download and share" and most aren't even done, and we know that "9 months from now" = "never" in "Internet Time"  Sad

thumb down
barney
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:04 PM »

'Pends on yer definition of pirating, matey  Wink.

There's the RIAA/MPAA definition (you didn't pay us for it).  

Or there's the definition that I use every time I copy a DC topic thread for later perusal.

Make a good day ... barn
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

Which do you feel like engaging in?
4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »

Is there the bit where you get to let off a broadside?

If so, I'll be in that.

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »

The site is like Kickstarter for films, so it's not really for downloading movies so much as for encouraging people to fund people's ideas. It's part of the whole crowd-sourcing/crowd-funding thing.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.08 ]