ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox and LastPass problems

<< < (5/5)

Innuendo:
Very odd - never had an issue with lastpass. Have FF 9 and the up to date lastpass. But then FF is my secondary browser so I would perhaps not notice
-iphigenie (February 27, 2012, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just like you perhaps didn't notice that Firefox is now up to version v10.x. ;)

MilesAhead:
Thanks - I will give URLpack a try.

Update: Tried it and it works nicely.

Just on thing - I don't like the gather function. I keep some URLS on my desktop and I don't want them deleted from the desktop or added to a pack. Simplest way to do what you want it to create a shortcut on the desktop to URLpack (you could use desktop.ini and an icon to make it a distinctive shortcut) and just drop browser icons directly onto that shortcut. That way you don't create extra desktop icons and you don't delete irrelevant ones.
-Carol Haynes (February 27, 2012, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just tried this with Chromium and a simpler way to accomplish the same thing is to use the Open URL Folder command in Tray Menu.  Then drag the url shortcut from the address bar directly into the folder. Presumably if one was collecting a bunch of shortcuts the folder would be left open for a period of time. Since it's an ordinary Explorer folder just click to close. No program setting to disable it being on the desktop is required.

(I take your point about the desktop gathering though. Maybe I should add a button to the Gui to open the folder. Might be a bit easier than right clicking the tray icon.)

edit: I made some revisions. Now has a Tray Menu command to open the Gui. A Gui Button to open the URL folder.  Also added icons to Tray Menu to spiff it up a tad. :)

Also pressing F1 while Gui is active should display the About Box.

edit: here's a link to the latest update that shows the new screen shot:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29029.msg285071#msg285071

MilesAhead:
Very odd - never had an issue with lastpass. Have FF 9 and the up to date lastpass. But then FF is my secondary browser so I would perhaps not notice
-iphigenie (February 27, 2012, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just like you perhaps didn't notice that Firefox is now up to version v10.x. ;)
-Innuendo (February 28, 2012, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now up to 11.x.  To me FF version being 9, 10, 11 or 50.x is about as much of a distinction as being charged $499.95, $499.98 or $500 for a TV set. In fact I'd be happy to pay the extra nickle just so I can say "500 bucks" instead of "four hundred ninety nine dollars and ninety five cents." They do that just to be annoying. :)

MilesAhead:
Thanks - I will give URLpack a try.

Update: Tried it and it works nicely.

Just on thing - I don't like the gather function. I keep some URLS on my desktop and I don't want them deleted from the desktop or added to a pack. Simplest way to do what you want it to create a shortcut on the desktop to URLpack (you could use desktop.ini and an icon to make it a distinctive shortcut) and just drop browser icons directly onto that shortcut. That way you don't create extra desktop icons and you don't delete irrelevant ones.
-Carol Haynes (February 27, 2012, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

btw I experimented with drag and drop of addressbar on the Gui using ActiveX Web Browser Object to catch the drops. It worked ok for chrome, Maxthon, Firefox, but Opera does something differently. In any case it's not a good design to use the Gui for URL drop because I detect if a browser is the active window and if you hit the hotkey to open the Gui to drop onto it, instead it will open a bunch of tabs in the browser. (Works fine if you open the Gui first, but it's easy to forget that.) It was interesting though. "jethrow" on ahk forum showed me how to use the IE events to catch the drop and stop the browser from actually navigating while getting the url from the event params.

Here's the thread if you might like to incorporate it yourself in your own mod:

http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85778

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version