ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefall developer: "Consoles, I believe, are dead"

<< < (4/4)

SeraphimLabs:
Surely you all heard the meme from the current generation console release:

The PS3 has no games!
-SeraphimLabs (May 05, 2012, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I missed the Meme-o. What is this about the PS3 having no games?
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

For a very short period (I think it was a few days) after the PS3 was released, it literally had no games released at the time that could be used with it. Of course Sony very quickly corrected this situation by shuffling release dates, but it still created an interesting situation where what could have been the best selling console of the season had a severely crippled market because there were no PS3 games- only PS2 games were available.

The result is a somewhat obscure internet joke where when someone is talking about PS3 stuff somebody else will point out that the PS3 is a waste of money because it has no games. Usually it is attached to some type of reaction image.

TaoPhoenix:

The result is a somewhat obscure internet joke where when someone is talking about PS3 stuff somebody else will point out that the PS3 is a waste of money because it has no games. Usually it is attached to some type of reaction image.
-SeraphimLabs (May 05, 2012, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

:o  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version