ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Locate32

(1/3) > >>

Nzyme:
Hi there,

I use the latest build (3.1.11.7100) of Locate32. Since this version is only available as a portable program, how can I make this program to start automatically when I log in to Windows?

I have enabled the setting "Run Locate on system startup" in the "Settings" option to no avail. In general, how can one enable a portable program to start automatically when you login to Windows?

Nzyme

PhilB66:
Shortcut in Startup folder.

MilesAhead:
Alternatives to the StartUp Folder include:

RunIt that starts via Registry key

and Delayed Cuts where you can set delays for programs to space out the boot up loading.  Other than spacing out the load, Delayed Cuts is good for things like delaying a program that needs a network folder mapped as a drive letter to work, until after a command that maps the drive letter has run.  That's just one example. It's pretty general purpose.

.. both are available on this page:
http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

All my downloads are free for you to use at your own risk.
One proviso, I only have English Language Windows single monitor system for development. I can't support what I can't try out. :)

Nzyme:
Shortcut in Startup folder.
-PhilB66 (May 02, 2012, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Will try and let you know if it works...

MilesAhead:
btw I'm curious. I used Locate32 for quite awhile. But I noticed on Vista it used folder change notification on the entire drive it seemed. I noticed periods where my drive was all but unusable as Explorer went through every file on all my disks checking if they changed or something. It really made it unusable for me. Did you notice anything like that? Perhaps it's been fixed?

Just wondering as that alone drove me to use Everything Search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version