ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple Rejecting Apps That Use Dropbox

(1/7) > >>

wraith808:
Apple Rejecting Apps That Use Dropbox Because *Gasp!* Users Might Sign Up For Dropbox Accounts (via Techdirt)

Ok DOJ... I think it's past time that you step in on this issue (and the others where Apple uses its dominant position on iOS to restrict competition and 'tax' developers unreasonably for use of service).

KynloStephen66515:
I hereby declare, the day Apple dies a HORRIBLE death (and that day IS going to come VERY SOON) is the day I get "HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU APPLE" tattooed on my forehead!

eleman:
Mine may be a technically ignorant rant but I don't see how Apple has a dominant position in any market. (OK, yes maybe in the tablets market, but it should be eroding fast, now that competition is really churning out android tablets).

Asking government intervene on Apple's policies is like saying "Daddy, Mike won't let me play with his ball."

The better (and more dignified) stance would be telling Apple (or Mike for that matter), take the gadget (or the ball), and use it for a "thoroughly personal" function.

There are other gadgets (and balls) you know.

KynloStephen66515:
Mine may be a technically ignorant rant but I don't see how Apple has a dominant position in any market. (OK, yes maybe in the tablets market, but it should be eroding fast, now that competition is really churning out android tablets).

Asking government intervene on Apple's policies is like saying "Daddy, Mike won't let me play with his ball."

The better (and more dignified) stance would be telling Apple (or Mike for that matter), take the gadget (or the ball), and use it for a "thoroughly personal" function.

There are other gadgets (and balls) you know.
-eleman (May 02, 2012, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

The government CAN interfere when you call "Anti-competition" laws into play...no company can completely lock itself out like this without governments and laws getting involved...its getting fucking stupid now, and I cannot wait to laugh in the faces of people with hardware that will no longer work, because its made by Apple who will get shut down very quickly.

eleman:
But there is a viable competition.
Apple has a dominant market position in only the market for "Apple products". Not in smartphones, not in laptops, not in desktops, and given market trends, not in tablets (at least not for long).
Do you really want government to intervene because Apple has a monopoly in producing iphones or ipads?
Apple is no more dominant in any product category than General Motors is dominant in cars.
But General Motors has a dominant market position in making Cadillacs. Should government intervene to foster competition?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version