ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

scanning sofware

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello!

I use the scanner software that the scanner was shipped with, but it too much verbose, it asks me to click a button in order to create a pdf, after I have scanned a page (while it should just do it automatically) etc

I have used AHK to try to automate it, without much success, because its GUI is troublesome

anyway, is there a software to replace it, but fully compatible, without interfering with scanning quality and speed, but more customizable and handy than this one?

thanks!

joiwind:
Hi kalos - if you mean scanning to PDF - I use both/either Scan2PDF or WinScan2PDF.

They are perhaps not the best but simple and rapid.

kalos:
thanks

I need the proper term to search for such software, or better, a webpage with a comparison of them

tomos:
Old thread (that I started) link here:
Software for use with scanner?
- might still give you a couple of ideas of the kinds of software that is on offer e.g. PaperPort which is about scanning *and* document management, but costs accordingly. But lots of other small/smaller softwares. I didnt find anything I was very happy with but I had different requiremants to you.

kalos:
I am basically interested in as solution that will scan the paper and save it as pdf in a standard specific folder, with just clicking the scan button, without any questions, GUIs, dialog boxes, confirmations, etc

(in case filename already exists, just rename)

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version