Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 04:12:46 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: scanning sofware  (Read 1576 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »

hello!

I use the scanner software that the scanner was shipped with, but it too much verbose, it asks me to click a button in order to create a pdf, after I have scanned a page (while it should just do it automatically) etc

I have used AHK to try to automate it, without much success, because its GUI is troublesome

anyway, is there a software to replace it, but fully compatible, without interfering with scanning quality and speed, but more customizable and handy than this one?

thanks!
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »

Hi kalos - if you mean scanning to PDF - I use both/either Scan2PDF or WinScan2PDF.

They are perhaps not the best but simple and rapid.

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
kalos

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 06:34:45 AM »

thanks

I need the proper term to search for such software, or better, a webpage with a comparison of them
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:44:01 AM »

Old thread (that I started) link here:
Software for use with scanner?
- might still give you a couple of ideas of the kinds of software that is on offer e.g. PaperPort which is about scanning *and* document management, but costs accordingly. But lots of other small/smaller softwares. I didnt find anything I was very happy with but I had different requiremants to you.

Tom
kalos

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:35:55 AM »

I am basically interested in as solution that will scan the paper and save it as pdf in a standard specific folder, with just clicking the scan button, without any questions, GUIs, dialog boxes, confirmations, etc

(in case filename already exists, just rename)

thanks
NigelH
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:13:25 AM »

I've downloaded iCopy from source forge but think that's more aimed at making a photocopier of your scanner
http://graphicssoft.about...A//icopy.sourceforge.net/

iCopy at sourceforge.net
iCopy, as mentioned by Tomos, has a command line interface and it can write directly to a pdf "printer" or file.
It may be able to do what you want if the print dialog is suppressed.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:14 AM »

Can I suggest my Screenshot Captor tool -- though primarily for screenshot taking, has a very straightforward minimal interaction Scanning feature set that includes save-to-pdf in predefined folder.

You can watch a video demonstrating the Scanning features in Screenshot Captor here: http://www.donationcoder....sts/dc/3ds/sc13/sc13.html
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:23:43 PM by mouser » Logged
kalos

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »

Can I suggest my Screenshot Captor tool -- though primarily for screenshot taking, as a very straightforward minimal interaction Scanning feature set that includes save-to-pdf in predefined folder.

You can watch a video demonstrating the Scanning features in Screenshot Captor here: http://www.donationcoder....sts/dc/3ds/sc13/sc13.html

very interesting, thanks! we have the same scanner as well cheesy
x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 01:48:27 PM »

awesome stuff  Thmbsup

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
kalos

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:01:58 AM »

I think I need something specific:

I want to click the scan button and display a list of icons that will execute specific procedures, without any more clicks:

- scan, split to pages and save to predefined folder
- scan and email to predefined email
- scan and watermark
etc

any idea?
:/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF