ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Simple means of joining images?

<< < (4/8) > >>

rjbull:
have you tried Serif's PhotoPlus SE? [...] I think Serif -- these days -- are a little overpriced but they do tend to chuck the odd special offer around.-oblivion (April 30, 2012, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

My impression is that if you once buy something, anything, from Serif, you'll be constantly mugged with unmissable special offers ever after.  In other words, you rarely need to buy anything full price.  Result - I have a slew of fairly recent Serif products, none of which I really use   :mad:  The only one I have actually installed is PagePlus X6, which is probably usable for what I had in mind.  However, I was thinking of something smaller and simpler.

rjbull:
did any of the "panorama photo stitching" type of software apps out there meet your needs?-skwire (April 30, 2012, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried them - but there's a similar thread, Looking for image stitching software without processing image content, in which Carol Haynes explains why it didn't suit her needs, and I think rather the same way.  As I understand it, panoramic software expects a series of images that have been deliberately taken with overlaps, and does its best to integrate them all into one.  I'm looking for a simpler program that allows me to move images around on a grid, lock them in place, and preferably turns the ensemble into a new composite image.

rjbull:
I need to do this sort of thing all the time, exactly as @rjbull describes, and I do it in my main PIM - Microsoft OneNote-IainB (April 30, 2012, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Does OneNote allow you to save the composite as a new image, and/or send it to the clipboard?  Is there some "docking" tool that helps you line them up?

[Edit at UK time 2012-05-02, 20:49:-]You really had fun with that, didn't you?  :)
[/Edit]

rjbull:
I was going to suggest the NANY entry ImageGrid that you rejected in your initial post. [..] perhaps at some point you could spell out what you think could be added to make it do what you need-mouser (April 30, 2012, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it once, briefly, and some while back; my memory is imperfect.  AIRI, I tried adding images to it, and found they danced around the workspace.  Adding new images pushed the others to different places on the screen.  I couldn't (figure out how to) pin them in fixed locations of my choice.  Also, IIRC, it needs all the images to be the same size, which is limited.  Further features that might be nice would be a grid or dotted background for aligning images, and perhaps the ability to make images "magnetic" so that they would automatically "stick" to each other and thereafter be movable as a group, like some sticky notes programs.

rjbull:
JSHOT allows you append screenshots together either beside or below when you take take the shot .
-hpearce (April 30, 2012, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
HyperSnap also has this feature.
-cyberdiva (April 30, 2012, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a license for HyperSnap 6, but not the latest, 7.  Are you thinking of the "Multi-region capture," or something else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version