ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Simple means of joining images?

<< < (6/8) > >>

sword:
Photoshop can do this but it is not 'simple'. Gimp should be able to do the same.
I use Photoshop to make something like old 'contact sheets'. Make one basic background with a layer. Open files and paste them. Each can be cropped, dragged or overlapped and the combination can be processed or saved in many ways.

Curt:
Image joining software?

I use PhotoScape for a similar feature; they call it, to combine.
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php?update=on-Curt (January 13, 2009, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, this is exactly it.  Awesome!-superboyac
--- End quote ---
-superboyac (January 13, 2009, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Software to make image collages, film strips, and other multi-image compositions?-JavaJones
--- End quote ---
Photoscape is a good find. It actually has some options that Picasa doesn't and while it's a bit clunkier, I think it's worth keeping in the toolbox for when I want to do things a that Picasa's collage system just won't do. Rounded corners is an example of a feature that, while small, is something I've done occasionally in the past and is very easy to achieve in Photoscape.-JavaJones (December 14, 2011, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/download.php
Not as many options as you may be asking for. But simple, free, and quite good.

rjbull:
Does OneNote allow you to save the composite as a new image, and/or send it to the clipboard? Yes to both, and in alternative ways. I could explain it but you'd probably be best off trialling OneNote and seeing how it works yourself. A video on OneNote could help - would you like me to point you at some?-IainB (May 03, 2012, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, please, for the videos.  I bought a student license for Office 2010 a couple of years back, so in fact I have OneNote 2010 - but had never opened it...   I've had a five-second play, and begin to see what you mean.  It doesn't offer an obvious option to save as a graphics file, but I suppose I could screenshot the composite.

rjbull:
PPX6 would probably work for you if your intended "final destination" was a printed page -- but (a) I assumed you were more screen-focussed and (b) I was trying to find a free solution that I'd be at least reasonably happy to use myself.-oblivion (May 03, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Correct, screen-focussed.  At that point I hadn't thought as far as PPX6's output, only that it should give very precise control over positioning.  It wouldn't cost me any extra as I already have a copy.

IainB's suggestion of OneNote looks good, but I'm not sure it's an appropriate solution to the problem if it's the only likely use you have for it and if you don't already have an Office license.-oblivion (May 03, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
I already have a license, and if all else fails it may well do, but I agree that it (and some other suggestions) are getting heavy-duty for what I wanted.  I was hoping for something small and simple.

If you already have a PhotoPlus license for pretty much any version at all [...] each dropped image becomes a layer that you can manipulate independently [...]-oblivion (May 03, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
As soon as people start talking about layers, which I don't understand, the complexity of the software begins to loom large.

(PhotoPlus also has screen capture capabilities, if you're in reductionist mode, although ScreenshotCaptor has elbowed everything else I've ever used for such purposes out of the way!)-oblivion (May 03, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
At the moment I'm using HyperSnap 6.  SSC is complex, and its Ctrl+Z Undo didn't seem to work for me.

rjbull:
I think this may be a new feature of version 7, but I'm not sure.-cyberdiva (May 02, 2012, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I popped up a query in the HyperSnap forum.  Indded, they say that pretty much everything I wanted is available in HS7, though I'd have to pay for the upgrade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version