ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Some programm which is able to recognize newer versions when copying

<< < (2/3) > >>

skrommel:
 :) How about using XCOPY?

The following copies all changed files from C:\ to D:\, resetting the attribute, overwriting existing files and ignoring any errors. If you pipe it to a file you can use FIND to log the errors.

--- ---XCOPY /M /E /C /F /G /H /I /R /Y C:\ D:\
Skrommel

Webijou:
Thank you, Gerome, yet this is still too fancy code for me. I would need a very easy tool, really for non-programmers. Something quite ready-to-use. But my best wishes (btw) for your FBS- language! 

Hi Skrommel - is there something like a ready made programm which has this code included? I am talking about something like Drag King, e.g. This programm came to my computer, I opened it and it just did what I wanted, I did not have to make an exe for myself or so. Maybe my suggestion is just beyond the size of a "snack", I don't know. 

jgpaiva:
:) How about using XCOPY?
-skrommel (April 05, 2006, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D Always with the perfect simple solution.
Nice one!

Thank you jgpaiva, I have checked the site. It seems, that it is in fact a backup tool which I am looking for.
-Webijou (April 05, 2006, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I noticed that might have been the case. If you feel like searching, there are a few threads in the forum about backup tools, and i think there is even a review coming that will focus on backup tools explicitly (not exactly on a guide, like the link i posted before)

skrommel:
 :) Just copy the XCOPY line into Notepad, and save it as "Backup.cmd" (including the quotation marks, or it will end up a text file). Now make a shortcut to it to put on your desktop and change the icon, and you're good to go. And maybe add it to Scheduler to have it run automatically every night.

Skrommel

Gerome:
Hello,

:) Just copy the XCOPY line into Notepad, and save it as "Backup.cmd" (including the quotation marks, or it will end up a text file). Now make a shortcut to it to put on your desktop and change the icon, and you're good to go. And maybe add it to Scheduler to have it run automatically every night.

Skrommel
-skrommel (April 05, 2006, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but XPCOPY is not able to see IF the file has been REALLY updated aka NOT only the DATE but ALSO the inner contents!!!

BUT, if you want to use COPY and log it onto a living window, you can use Fbsl to execute and pipe in perfect sync :)

--- ---Dim %hEdit = Fbsl_control("edit", Me, "", 1, 0, 0, 160, 250, 0x50310084, 0)

Fbsl_SetText( Me, "Copy..." )
  Resize(Me, 0, 0, 170, 280 ): Center(Me): Show(me)

Dim $buf = StrPipe("CMD.EXE /C DIR c:\DDE\*.* | copy /Y /V c:\DDE\*.* d:\Temp\" )
  Fbsl_SetText( hEdit, buf )
  MsgBox( Me, "Operation completed!", "CHECK POINT", MB_ICONINFORMATION )

Begin Events
End Events

Enjoy ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version