ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Funding Project] - Low Budget PC's

<< < (3/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
hehe Thanks for all the well wishes and constructive criticism guys.

On the ideas given, I shall certainly try implement some of them as they are things I didn't really think about, so certainly some food for thought.

Somebody asked about perks, they are all what I wrote, nothing there is stock :)

wraith808:
One other thing that I thought of that you want to keep in mind- if the funding doesn't reach your goal in an open-ended funding drive, the assumption is that you have the funds to make it succeed- so you still have to fulfill the rewards for people that donated.  Something else to keep in mind.

KynloStephen66515:
One other thing that I thought of that you want to keep in mind- if the funding doesn't reach your goal in an open-ended funding drive, the assumption is that you have the funds to make it succeed- so you still have to fulfill the rewards for people that donated.  Something else to keep in mind.
-wraith808 (April 30, 2012, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is one thing I considered, and is not a huge problem as finding the funding if this fails, shouldn't be too much hassle :) I figured it was worth experimenting with this, and if it works, all the better  :D

wraith808:
Cool!  All the best again with this... its pretty cool to see someone from DC doing this on there!  If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

KynloStephen66515:
Stephen, did you pick the "ad copy" for the perks, or is that standard from Indiegogo? "Free Gift", "Free gift of a higher value", and "Amazing gift"? What are those?

And what are the specs and prices of a "Low Budget PC"? See my adventures with Linux vs Drivers over on the other thread. Turns out, some of the specs of that box were on the casing doubling as sales copy.

Survey says:
AMD Sempron 3400+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE
512 Megs Ram
120 GB HD
2007 price about $350 with sales floor discounts from Best Buy.

Business plan wise I'd love to know what you will be able to do that Best Buy/your big chain can't.

-TaoPhoenix (April 30, 2012, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

By Low Budget, I am trying to figure out how to let people know that this doesn't actually mean "We build low spec only" - We literally mean, we will build to the best spec we can, for as little money as possible (just enough profit to pay the bills)

For Example - We could build the following system, for around £300 GBP (Inc VAT) - No OS (Or a OS with no COA {30 Day Trial thing})

AM3 Soc Motherboard - mATX Form - 6 Channel Audio - VGA
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Socket AM3 3GHz 2MB L2 Cache
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM  (2x 4GB)   
ATI Radeon HD3000 Graphics, On Board Graphic Max. Memory Share Up to 512 MB
450W PSU   
DVD R+RW     
500GB 3GB/s SATA HDD  (OR) OCZ 60GB SSD
Case Included

Obviously that is just an example (not something we actually stock, but could if requested)

Anybody think £300GBP is overpriced for that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version