ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reduce corner area sensitivity to prevent taskbar showing

(1/3) > >>

nudone:
i better explain what i was trying to say in the 'subject' line:

i have the system tray at the top of my screen with autohide and always on top enabled. this is something i've only just started doing but i kind of like it.

there is something that is beginning to get tiresome and that is when closing a maximised window i tend to overshoot the 'X' icon and the system tray appears (my fault, as i've pushed the cursor too far into the corner).

what i would like is something that would 'kill' the 'sensitivity' in the top right corner of the screen. it would need to be an area with a width similar to the system clock and then about 2 to 5 pixels in height.

this would allow me to throw the cursor up to the top right of the screen without the system taskbar being activated but i could still activate it when moving the cursor to the top anywhere else.

i think there is already a util that will delay the 'hover' activation time for the taskbar to appear (anyone remember the name?) but i'd really prefer it if it worked in the method stated above.

thanks for your time...

skrommel:
 :) Try this one!

CloseFence -  Prevents the autohiding Taskbar from appearing when the mouse is over a Close button (X)

Features:
- Change size and thickness of the fence.

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

It places two windows in the upper right corner of your desktop, covering the autohidden taskbar if it is on top, or as I use it, on the right. It also moves the mouse back a few pixels if it comes too far, to make the close button work properly.

You can change the size and thickness of the windows. Now if only there was a way to protect the scroll bar, too, with the taskbar on the right...

Skrommel

brotherS:
It places two windows in the upper right corner of your desktop, covering the autohidden taskbar if it is on top, or as I use it, on the right.

[...]

Now if only there was a way to protect the scroll bar, too, with the taskbar on the right...
-skrommel (April 05, 2006, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Try to move the taskbar to the left side of the desktop - I love it!  :Thmbsup:

nudone:
skrommel to the rescue, again and again.

a thousands thanks for that - and i think a few DC credits are in order too.

fantastic job.

nudone:
unfortunately, i've have to report back that 'closefence' doesn't appear to work 100% of the time.

sometimes it does prevent the taskbar from appearing but the pattern for when it does works seems to be this.

when a program first appears that is maximised 'closefence' doesn't do it's job until it has failed once, i.e. the taskbar still appears when moving the cursor to the top right of the screen. repeating the same cursor movement on the same window after the first 'fail' will then successfully allow 'closefence' to prevent the taskbar from appearing.

i wonder, is this just a quirk of my machine or a quirk of autohotkey?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version