ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Maya for Free

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:

Autodesk is offering a free Personal Learning Edition of it's 2D & 3D modeling/animation/rendering program called Maya. Go here for details:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=6902573

This company also owns 3DS Max and AutoCAD, so they've some experience with these types of programs. I haven't used it myself, but I've always liked dabbling in art programs. Hopefully it comes with some good tutorials.

nudone:
it's certainly a great program but i think you get a watermark over your rendered images. if you can live with that then it's a bargain.

Deozaan:
Yes, you do get a watermark over your images.

It is for personal learning and the EULA or ToS or whatever specifically say you can't use it for anything commercially, so a watermark isn't so bad if you follow along with their original plan for this: Simply to learn how to use the program.

allen:
Watermark is better than nothing. I think if you get to the point where you are good enough with it to warrant sharing renders and the matermark is a deterrent, you might as well pay for it -- you can probably make the money back :)

f0dder:
Watermark isn't bad, you can get experience with the free version... and then decide whether investing in the full version is something for you.

Btw, it still does object/scene save, right? Without watermarks, right? Not a bad choice for content, creation for 3d engines, then :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version