ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gibiru - Uncensored Anonymous Search

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
Seems like Gibiru is making the news now:

http://rt.com/usa/news/gibiru-search-web-google-738/

If you don’t want your online activity picked apart and plucked by Internet entities and the government alike, the Web doesn’t offer all too many options. The developers at Gibiru are trying to change all of that.

While work-arounds and hacks can keep would-be spies from snooping on the Internet activity of others, novices aren’t left with many viable means of achieving anonymity on the Web. To remedy that, the Gibiru search engine exists to allow surfers to query anything — questionable or not — without risking the repercussions of having their privacy practically eliminated by Silicon Valley companies that are coming creepily close to being the Big Brother of the Web.

--- End quote ---

Or rather, making the news at RT. It's not like the MSM would ever report on them...  :-\

But the articles has some interesting quotes from the CEO. Here's a quick one:

"If I am searching for something, it could just be that I don’t know what or where it is, so, why would you personalize my results? Just let me search in peace,” Marshall pleads.

--- End quote ---

+1 for that.

I posted a bit of a rant that is kind of related here. (About how they collect information and serve personalized ads.)

lanux128:
For Maximum Privacy Gibiru recommends Safari.-Renegade (April 28, 2012, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

security via obscurity?

Renegade:
For Maximum Privacy Gibiru recommends Safari.-Renegade (April 28, 2012, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

security via obscurity?
-lanux128 (May 08, 2012, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they have a point here:

We seriously discourage the Use of Chrome since it is a product developed by Google and the NSA
--- End quote ---

But really, I wouldn't trust Apple either. Mozilla is probably a better choice there.

Jibz:
We seriously discourage the Use of Chrome since it is a product developed by Google and the NSA
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (May 08, 2012, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, it's like DuckDuckGo with a conspiracy theory? ;D

Renegade:
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (May 08, 2012, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, it's like DuckDuckGo with a conspiracy theory? ;D
-Jibz (May 08, 2012, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. And you know that the CEO is even more paranoid than DuckDuckGo. :D

Is it still paranoia if it's all true? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version