I tried several scenarios. For each scenario, I first docked the laptop, executed a screen capture, undocked the laptop, executed another screen capture. Here's what happened for me for each scenario on the second (undocked) screen capture
- Selected Region - 'Access violation' error as described above
- Screen (current monitor) - Screenshot Captor window presented, looks like a screen capture occured, but nothing captured. After hitting hotkey again, the full screen is captured and displayed as expected.
- Complete Workspace - screenshot of full screen captured as expected.
- Active Window - most of the time this worked, but once or twice the taskbar icon turned red like it was in capture mode, but nothing else appeared to happen. In that case, I had to exit and restart Screenshot Captor.
- Fixed Region - worked as expected
So, I only get the 'Access violation' error dialog box on the Selected Region capture, but there was some other unexpected behavior associated with others.