ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can Anyone Explain This? PDF Won't Print Except in Browser

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
This is the file:

form-c2.zip (1114.76 kB - downloaded 214 times.)

Sigh... Bizarre... She could print everything else... just not that... It's locked against some things, but I managed to print it, but I have the full version of Acrobat...

No idea...

And no - didn't try on the Mac. :P ;D

Target:
no answers, but we have had similar experiences with PDF's that will not print on one printer, but will print quite happily on another...

lanux128:
prints here as well using PDF x-change viewer.. looked into the document's permission and there is no restriction. in fact printing is set to 'High Resolution'. something is wrong with Adobe, i guess?

Can Anyone Explain This? PDF Won't Print Except in Browser

Renegade:
Weird, printed fine here. Only thing I noticed is that it appears to be A4, and I'm US 8.5x11. But the page scalling option on Adobe reader did fine with it ... Now if that wasn't set/adjusted to fit contents to page ... Some printers may tend to (fail/error) react badly to the print job.
-Stoic Joker (April 25, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...

no answers, but we have had similar experiences with PDF's that will not print on one printer, but will print quite happily on another...
-Target (April 25, 2012, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems like you guys have it nailed there -- it's a printer specific problem for the PDF. It's just bizarre though.

prints here as well using PDF x-change viewer.. looked into the document's permission and there is no restriction. in fact printing is set to 'High Resolution'. something is wrong with Adobe, i guess?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-lanux128 (April 25, 2012, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Again, odd.

I tried to unlock the PDF and failed. I wanted to try to convert it to a DOC or RTF or anything else to see if she could print that way.

In any event, it's just seeming extremely bizarre that a printer-specific problem would surface for a PDF in Acrobat Reader, but not in the Acrobat plugin for Firefox (the browser that it did print in). I guess the print job is sent by Firefox there, and that somehow gets around the issue.

Don't ya just love computers sometimes? :D :P

SKA:
Renegade

Try www.unlockpdf.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version