ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Rarma Radio (Raimersoft) - Mini-Review

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
While we're on internet radio players, anyone knows one that can scrobble what the radio played (if the stream contains the information). It would make it so easy to find tracks later again
-iphigenie (April 26, 2012, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1 for that! Maybe you could post it it as a request for a new DC app.?    :Thmbsup:

PhilB66:
@Renegade

Listen, you can try to twist my words, put smiley faces all over the place, whatever, but let me tell you, neither IainB nor the mini-review is the issue (never was, and not going to be), so stop implying otherwise.

Fact is that Raimersoft (the developer) does not inform users about the ad-supported installer, there is no license agreement/consent for the BetterInstaller product/service, and the Installer's "opt-out" mechanism is tricky by design. Not everyone who will be reading this review / following its recommendation is behind a a two-way firewall, technically sophisticated, etc. etc., hence a warning should be added.

Search for BetterInstaller, Somoto, DealBulldog to see that it does way more than just recommend software.

@IainB The folders names in %Temp% are unique. The the third one (which you did not get) has these files in it:

_isetup (folder), check.xml, itdownload.dll, temp.html, BetterInstaller.exe, and bi.exe

temp.html is a script to 'Like' the application on Facebook and check.xml is for a pre-offering checks (registry scan) for the following:
- Babylon (and BabylonToolbar)
- Incredimail (and Incredibar)
- Somoto (and SomotoToolbar)
- SweetIM

IainB:
Fact is that Raimersoft (the developer) does not inform users about the ad-supported installer
-PhilB66 (April 26, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks. I abhor this OpenCandy practice.
I have re-run the install but allowed the "phone home" feature, and proven what you say about the OpenCandy (Babylon toolbar) stage.
I have added a WARNING and a screenshot (from my laptop) into the OP.

This is evidence of yet another good reason for having something like Windows 7 Firewall Controller installed, to control incoming/outgoing Internet access/traffic.
Interesting that I would have remained oblivious to the OpenCandy if you had not pointed it out.

skwire:
While we're on internet radio players, anyone knows one that can scrobble what the radio played (if the stream contains the information). It would make it so easy to find tracks later again
-iphigenie (April 26, 2012, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1 for that! Maybe you could post it it as a request for a new DC app.?    :Thmbsup:-IainB (April 26, 2012, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

My music player, Trout, has Last.FM and Libre.FM support but currently does not scrobble radio streams (only local files).  I don't recall why I did it this way.  I think the Last.FM API may have asked not to scrobble streams but I just checked again and there's no mention of it.  At any rate, it would be a simple option to add to Trout.

appraisalist:
I've been happily using RadioSure for a few years now.  You can record as well, more basic interface and use as stand alone without install.  My favorite stations are limited to a certain number I don't know if that's a paid vs free version limitation or a software limitation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version