ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for Security Software/Solutions

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
Simplest is to not draw attention to yourself (e.g. by using a constant encrypted stream). Here's the thing 90% of the Marijuana grow houses that got busted in the past few years got busted the same way, by the same people. The local power company. Because the power usage was just too oddly high (lots of grow lamps...).

Low tech tends to get ignored by high tech. The only "encryption" that was never broken by the Germans during the war ... was actually a simple open discussion by Cherokee Indians. Low tech is key ... Because high tech tends to draw too much attention.
-Stoic Joker (April 23, 2012, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I was thinking. Go low-tech as much as possible. For the low-tech stuff, I'm simply not going to ask about any of it as I don't need to know. I've already recommended going low-tech for as much as possible for the same reasons that you've outlined -- and the fact that hi-tech is too easy to spy on now. (This isn't for me -- it's for other people and their particular circumstances.)

However, at some point some hi-tech will be needed, so that's why I'm asking here.

40hz sent me some info on OTP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad

It looks like it may prove useful.

Attronarch:
On the topic of low tech encryption - something like this might be useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version