ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: 1-action Unzip

<< < (8/10) > >>

c.gingerich:
Cool! Great to hear.  :D

magician62:
Close, but I dunno if this is a quirk on just my machine or not, when it extracts it seems like the folder isn't created, so when it puts the archive into the folder, it looks like it's gone! However, Right Click - Refresh makes it appear.

Any advice?

(In a related note, another app that modifies show/don't show file extensions needs a refresh too.)
-TaoPhoenix (April 25, 2012, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 7 ? There is a known issue with explorer refresh in Win 7 32/64bit. I have not yet seen a solution for myself, but there are some suggestions out there that some seem to have had sucess with

TaoPhoenix:
Close, but I dunno if this is a quirk on just my machine or not, when it extracts it seems like the folder isn't created, so when it puts the archive into the folder, it looks like it's gone! However, Right Click - Refresh makes it appear.

Any advice?

(In a related note, another app that modifies show/don't show file extensions needs a refresh too.)
-TaoPhoenix (April 25, 2012, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windows 7 ? There is a known issue with explorer refresh in Win 7 32/64bit. I have not yet seen a solution for myself, but there are some suggestions out there that some seem to have had sucess with
-magician62 (May 01, 2012, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was occurring for me on Windows XP though.

RobC:
Windows when extracting creates a sub folder, and places the extracted files into there.
I HATE THAT
It appears that your program (and perhaps many others) do the same.
7Zip appears to be the only sane one out there.
If you right click a zip file, and choose extract here - It does as commanded.
No flippin sub folder, that I have to go into, to move the files back where I intended (the same folder that I carefully placed the zip into).
And I don't then need to delete the sub folder, that was created out of thin air, without my permission.

Any chance that you will join the sane programs ?

c.gingerich:
It depends on how the ZIP file is made. If the ZIP file has a folder in it, that is how it is extracted. That is the way my app works (unless you tell it to extract to a sub folder). I use the command line verson of 7-zip for my app, so if it is making a sub folder if you are not asking it to do so, then there is a folder in the ZIP file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version