ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft takes on Dropbox with major SkyDrive update

<< < (11/11)

Stoic Joker:
By the way, the Syncdocs thing seems to be a bit of a scam. After it has synced 500 documents, it stops syncing and asks you to start paying a fee for the service. Since I don't value the service nor the data, I am hardly likely to be willing to pay for it - in fact, I think the bandwidth it uses in duplicating all those files is a waste of money.
For example, if I have a document in (say) 3 different Gdocs virtual folders (they are really labels), then SyncDocs faithfully creates 3 "real" folders on my local PC and puts one copy of the document into each of them. Sheesh.
-IainB (April 26, 2012, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good to know, thanks.

lanux128:
i actually like this feature. if you want to share a certain file in a folder, there is  no need to move that file into the 'Public' folder. thus orphaning it from the rest of the items in the original folder.
agreed, no big deal but it's an oft requested feature and quite convenient too.
-lanux128 (April 25, 2012, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
That has been possible for ages with Gdocs. You just email people with a sharing link to the document, and the link can give anyone who has it read access, or write access, if you stipulate that.
At any time, you can revert the file to non-shared/"private" status, and thus remove further read/write access to the file at that point - thus rendering the sharing link obsolete.
-IainB (April 26, 2012, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

i know about that feature, but Gdocs emphasises on documents but Dropbox is more on general storage. that is why i like it even more in Dropbox because my sharing is not limited to documents.. :)

Deozaan:
i know about that feature, but Gdocs emphasises on documents but Dropbox is more on general storage. that is why i like it even more in Dropbox because my sharing is not limited to documents.. :)-lanux128 (April 26, 2012, 09:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well now that Google Docs is (part of?) Google Drive, it's no longer emphasizing documents but general storage. Just like Dropbox.

lanux128:
i know about that feature, but Gdocs emphasises on documents but Dropbox is more on general storage. that is why i like it even more in Dropbox because my sharing is not limited to documents.. :)-lanux128 (April 26, 2012, 09:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well now that Google Docs is (part of?) Google Drive, it's no longer emphasizing documents but general storage. Just like Dropbox.
-Deozaan (April 26, 2012, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol, that fact is not lost on me.. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version