Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 23, 2014, 07:01:22 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft takes on Dropbox with major SkyDrive update  (Read 11815 times)
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

By the way, the Syncdocs thing seems to be a bit of a scam. After it has synced 500 documents, it stops syncing and asks you to start paying a fee for the service. Since I don't value the service nor the data, I am hardly likely to be willing to pay for it - in fact, I think the bandwidth it uses in duplicating all those files is a waste of money.
For example, if I have a document in (say) 3 different Gdocs virtual folders (they are really labels), then SyncDocs faithfully creates 3 "real" folders on my local PC and puts one copy of the document into each of them. Sheesh.

Good to know, thanks.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »

i actually like this feature. if you want to share a certain file in a folder, there is  no need to move that file into the 'Public' folder. thus orphaning it from the rest of the items in the original folder.
agreed, no big deal but it's an oft requested feature and quite convenient too.
That has been possible for ages with Gdocs. You just email people with a sharing link to the document, and the link can give anyone who has it read access, or write access, if you stipulate that.
At any time, you can revert the file to non-shared/"private" status, and thus remove further read/write access to the file at that point - thus rendering the sharing link obsolete.

i know about that feature, but Gdocs emphasises on documents but Dropbox is more on general storage. that is why i like it even more in Dropbox because my sharing is not limited to documents.. smiley

Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »

i know about that feature, but Gdocs emphasises on documents but Dropbox is more on general storage. that is why i like it even more in Dropbox because my sharing is not limited to documents.. smiley

Well now that Google Docs is (part of?) Google Drive, it's no longer emphasizing documents but general storage. Just like Dropbox.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44:34 AM »

Well now that Google Docs is (part of?) Google Drive, it's no longer emphasizing documents but general storage. Just like Dropbox.

lol, that fact is not lost on me.. cheesy

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.08 ]