ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft takes on Dropbox with major SkyDrive update

<< < (8/11) > >>

Jibz:
It looks like this feature is disabled by default, thankfully.

lanux128:
Still worrying. It would have been nicer if the second factor was restricted to just the mobile phone. There are a whole lot of people working with already compromised email accounts.-nosh (April 25, 2012, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

already compromised?!? then they have plenty of other stuff to worry about rather than an insecure Windows Live ID.. :D

nosh:
Files + info you've shared over email vs. every single file on your computer.

Kind of a big step up, I'd say!  :P

But I agree with you in principle, they have a lot to be worried about.  ;D
*note to self: change passwords*

Josh:
"GDrive" is Google's version, to be announced any day now. I love all this storage; the more companies offering free products, the more users can be selective. Go * Microsoft.

* = away
-zridling (April 23, 2012, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Everyone record this day. These are words that I NEVER thought I would see coming from Zaine's fingers!
-Josh (April 24, 2012, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

No doubt! :)
-Renegade (April 24, 2012, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you forgot to read the small print :P.
-Jibz (April 25, 2012, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

You had me going there! But, none-the-less, I have a screenshot of Zaine giving praise to Microsoft. HAH!

Carol Haynes:
more of that here. apparently there is a "second factor of authentication".
-lanux128 (April 25, 2012, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I set up the desktop app I had to enter a code received by text.

Not a terribly convincing form of security, especially as I have never seen second factor authentication via a browser.

What is the point of this code when anyone hacking your email account (and I have seen this happen many times in recent months) can access all you files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version