ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft takes on Dropbox with major SkyDrive update

<< < (2/11) > >>

Josh:
"GDrive" is Google's version, to be announced any day now. I love all this storage; the more companies offering free products, the more users can be selective. Go Microsoft.
-zridling (April 23, 2012, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Everyone record this day. These are words that I NEVER thought I would see coming from Zaine's fingers!

lanux128:
so is online storage the next "browser" war?

rgdot:
fwiw, just claimed my 25GB.. :Thmbsup:

• http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/loyalty
-lanux128 (April 23, 2012, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
fwiw, just claimed my 25GB.. :Thmbsup:
• http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/loyalty
-lanux128 (April 23, 2012, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hey! Thanks for that.     :Thmbsup:
I didn't realise you had to get the offer whilst it was available. I assumed I already had 25Gb. Huh!
-IainB (April 24, 2012, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, and thanks for the tip. However when I logged into my account (which I haven't done in years) it said I was already at 25GB, but needed to accept the offer/lock-in the size before they dropped it down to the new 7GB limit (Sorry I forgot to grab SS).

cyberdiva:
Yes, and thanks for the tip. However when I logged into my account (which I haven't done in years) it said I was already at 25GB, but needed to accept the offer/lock-in the size before they dropped it down to the new 7GB limit (Sorry I forgot to grab SS).
-Stoic Joker (April 24, 2012, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wish you had grabbed a SS, because when I went into my SkyDrive account, I was told that I was using almost 18 GB of my 25 GB allotment, and there was nothing about accepting an offer.  I was uneasy, but then I read what Microsoft said on its "loyalty" page (whose link lanux128 provided above): "If you were using close to this amount before the latest update, we’ve automatically upgraded your storage already . You can always see how much storage you have by signing into SkyDrive and checking the storage meter."  So I'm assuming/hoping that my 25 GB account will remain at 25 GB without my having to do anything.  If I'm wrong, I hope someone will let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version