ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Ludum Dare 23 - 1,000 new games and counting

(1/3) > >>

Deozaan:
This past weekend marked the 10 year anniversary of the Ludum Dare 48 Hour Game Competition. I've posted about the Ludum Dare challenge before.

This time, for Ludum Dare 23, the theme was Tiny World. Not only was it historic in the sense of it being the 10th anniversary of the LD48 challenge, but this is also the first time that 1,000 games have been submitted to the competition. As of this writing, there are 1160 games submitted and still about 6 hours left in the Game Jam.

This also marks my first entry in the challenge. I wasn't planning to enter this time, but halfway through the first day I decided to do it. And I knew I wouldn't have any time to work on it the second day, so I essentially had 12 hours to make a game (prototype). And I did! Then when I went to submit it I found out that my game didn't qualify for the 48 hour competition because I used some assets and things that were made by other people/before the challenge started. But it still qualified for the 72 hour Game Jam. It also meant that I had some time to work on it today.

The game I made is called Be Tiny, World! I'm considering it pretty much finished and I've already submitted it to LD.

Play it (or download it) here: http://btw.deozaan.com/
Available for Windows/Mac/Linux/Android, and in the browser.

If you're interested in watching me create the game, you can watch the timelapse videos:

mouser:
Congratultions Deo!  I love hearing about members of the site participating in events like this.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
Ludum Dare 23 has officially come to a close. Here are some statistics about the Ludum Dare events:

Congratultions Deo!  I love hearing about members of the site participating in events like this.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-mouser (April 23, 2012, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks mouser. It was a really fun and cool experience. :D

TaoPhoenix:

Apparently it ended with 1402 games - that's a lot of games!!  :o

I might have to call in "sick" to work tomorrow...  :P

Deozaan:
That is a lot of games. In fact. . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version