ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

automate database building

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello!

I have a word list (different each time), where each of the words (or lines, if you prefer) is the name of a chemical substance
I have a huge folder of pdf files of the specifications of every substance

what I do is to gather all those specific pdfs of the specific substances in the list, to make bunch of pdf files that corresponds to every substance of the specific wordlist

but I need to automate that process, so can you suggest me please:

1) how can automatically bind the wordlist with the according pdf files
2) how can I create a single file (not sure what kind of file) that will contain all these relative files (compression files, rar, zip, etc would not be convenient, because they will require time to open)
3) how can I check at each point, if a specific project (eg the gathering of the pdfs of a wordlist) is incomplete and which exactly files are missing (so to add them manually)

can you suggest me an idea, a procedure, an excel file to build, and ahk script to build, a program, anything!

thanks!

kalos:
any suggestion???

Ath:
Probably needs more explanation, because I can't comprehend, even after reading it 3 times in a row :-[

rjbull:
Ath's right, needs clarification.  Maybe an example?

Are your PDFs named according to the chemical itself, i.e. the same name as in the word list?

You can (usually) concatenate PDFs from the command line using pdftk.  So if your PDFs are named as in your word list, you could use the word list to build a batch file to concatenate them.

kalos:
Are your PDFs named according to the chemical itself, i.e. the same name as in the word list?
-rjbull (April 24, 2012, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes

You can (usually) concatenate PDFs from the command line using pdftk.  So if your PDFs are named as in your word list, you could use the word list to build a batch file to concatenate them.
-rjbull (April 24, 2012, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do not want to combine the pdfs and make one pdf
I want to somehow attach them with the word list :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version