ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Funny Animal Videos

<< < (9/23) > >>

crabby3:
Loads of fun :Thmbsup:

From the same people as Giampy's cat video:

-tomos (March 04, 2014, 04:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

The calico would be me in Computers 101 class.  :-\  Not much interest.

crabby3:
It's easy:

You take a normal YouTube link: ...
-Deozaan (March 03, 2014, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Deozaan, for the walkthrough.   :Thmbsup:  I screen-capped all of it.  Many thanks.

Maybe you have a similar in-depth walkthrough for static images as well?   :tellme:  I have a few I'd like to share, in other threads, not here.

--------------

Perhaps I'll change my avatar to the *Lobster Cat* .. lol

Deozaan:
Thank you, Deozaan, for the walkthrough.   :Thmbsup:  I screen-capped all of it.  Many thanks.

Maybe you have a similar in-depth walkthrough for static images as well?   :tellme:  I have a few I'd like to share, in other threads, not here.
-crabby3 (March 04, 2014, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. (c:

For images, it's best to attach/upload them to the forum. That way they don't disappear if the external site they're hosted on goes away.

Attach it to the forum and then click the "Link Inline Image.." dropdown and select your option. I typically use only two of the options:

1. "inline fullsize attachment" -- Use this if the image is relatively small, or if it's important to view at fullsize.
2. "inline thumb attachment" -- This makes a small thumbnail image that people can click to view fullsize. Use this for large images or for many images so that the images don't take up the whole screen and require a lot of scrolling for other people. It also saves bandwidth on large (filesize) since people will only download the full file if they click on the image to view it fullsize.

(See this post in the LOLMouser thread for an example. I only posted one image in that post, so I did it at fullsize. In the following post, I posted many images as thumbnails so that they wouldn't take up a lot of space.)

Each one will give you a tag that looks something like this

[ attachimg=# ] <-- Fullsize attachment
[ attachthumb=# ] <-- Thumbnail attachment

You can just leave it like that and it will automatically show the images in their attached order, or you can manually replace the # with an actual digit to show the images in a specific order.

Click here if you absolutely must display an externally hosted imageIf you must display an image that is hosted externally, simply put the link to the image between [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (again, without spaces).

It is very strongly recommended that you don't do this! But an example is:

The following code:

[ img ]http://blasteroids.deozaan.com/itchio.png[ /img ]

Shows:

Finally, probably the most useful tip I can give you is that if you see somebody do something and you want to know how to do it, simply click the "Quote" link to make a new post and quote them. Their post will show up in the edit box and you can see the code they used to make things show up a certain way. That's how I learn nifty tricks I see on here. :Thmbsup:

P.S. Quoting somebody doesn't actually quote stuff in spoiler boxes, so if you try to quote my external image stuff to see how I did it, that won't work. I did it that way on purpose to discourage people from linking external images.

crabby3:
Thank you, Deozaan, for the walkthrough.   :Thmbsup:  I screen-capped all of it.  Many thanks.

Maybe you have a similar in-depth walkthrough for static images as well?   :tellme:  I have a few I'd like to share, in other threads, not here.
-crabby3 (March 04, 2014, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. (c:

For images, it's best to attach/upload them to the forum. That way they don't disappear if the external site they're hosted on goes away.
-Deozaan (March 04, 2014, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... I would rather upload directly.  I've seen many older threads with missing images and I don't want that.

Attach it to the forum and then click the "Link Inline Image.." dropdown and select your option. I typically use only two of the options:

1. "inline fullsize attachment" -- Use this if the image is relatively small, or if it's important to view at fullsize.
2. "inline thumb attachment" -- This makes a small thumbnail image that people can click to view fullsize. Use this for large images or for many images so that the images don't take up the whole screen and require a lot of scrolling for other people. It also saves bandwidth on large (filesize) since people will only download the full file if they click on the image to view it fullsize.

(See this post in the LOLMouser thread for an example. I only posted one image in that post, so I did it at fullsize. In the following post, I posted many images as thumbnails so that they wouldn't take up a lot of space.)

Each one will give you a tag that looks something like this

[ attachimg=# ] <-- Fullsize attachment
[ attachthumb=# ] <-- Thumbnail attachment

You can just leave it like that and it will automatically show the images in their attached order, or you can manually replace the # with an actual digit to show the images in a specific order.
--- End quote ---

I presume I will be able to view how the images or thumbs will look before I post?
I seem to remember something about not being able to actually see the attachments until after the post?
Though, I guess, that's what the Edit Button is for.  

Finally, probably the most useful tip I can give you is that if you see somebody do something and you want to know how to do it, simply click the "Quote" link to make a new post and quote them. Their post will show up in the edit box and you can see the code they used to make things show up a certain way. That's how I learn nifty tricks I see on here. :Thmbsup:

P.S. Quoting somebody doesn't actually quote stuff in spoiler boxes, so if you try to quote my external image stuff to see how I did it, that won't work. I did it that way on purpose to discourage people from linking external images.
--- End quote ---

Thank you once again, Deozaan, you've outdone yourself!   :)

Deozaan:
I presume I will be able to view how the images or thumbs will look before I post?
I seem to remember something about not being able to actually see the attachments until after the post?
Though, I guess, that's what the Edit Button is for.
-crabby3 (March 05, 2014, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are correct in that you cannot view the attachments until after they have been uploaded to the forum. And they don't get uploaded until you click the "Post" button. So, yes, use the Edit button if necessary.

Another quick tip is that if you edit a post within the first minute or two, it doesn't get marked as "Edited." So you have some leeway to quickly correct mistakes. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version