ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor running 2 instances on Windows startup

(1/1)

tomos:
After the last update (via dcupdater)
I was offered the option to start with windows for all users.
I clicked yes without particularly thinking about it (it was already set to start with windows, whether with all users or not, I cant say)

Next reboot I got this

the only app I currently have installed for checking on startup programmes is Winpatrol(Pro). It says:

I tried disabling one of them, seemed to work (but I didnt check too closely to be honest). Today though I notice there were two instances of SC showing in the tray.
I closed both and used FARR to open it to take screenshot for this post. It was an older version (2.xx.xx).
I closed it and used the same entry in FARR to open it again, and it was the most recent version.

so things are getting weird around here :D

Not sure even if this is SC's fault, but maybe you have an idea or a recommendation?

PS I notice CH&S also has the same two entries in Winpatrol & that works fine here...

mouser:
That looks like a mistake on my part with the "start with all users option".. I will look into it and fix. Until then if you simply uncheck the start with windows option from inside SC then you should only get one startup instance (the all users one put in place during install).

tomos:
thanks mouser :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version