Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 02, 2014, 01:33:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Request updates to "Options > File Naming Template"  (Read 1560 times)
ccondrup
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »

I love this software, it's a great time saver and helps me stay productive. Thanks a bunch for the new magnifier precapture! Would love SC even more if:

1. Auto sequencing didn't add a space in the filename (an underscore would be preferrable for use online). I realize there are workarounds (always including timestamp or %num%), but they are just that, not fixes. Prefer short filename.

2. There were two fields for naming templates: "If %quickfield% nonempty, use this template ____  else use this template ___". Or simply a checkbox "Quickfield overrides regular naming template".

3. When pressing F2 in the main view (to rename current file), the file extension was not selected. This way I can easily open SC post capture, hit F2 and override the entire filename just by typing test1 and it would be saved as test1.png . I use QTTabBar to achieve this across the system, but sadly it doesn't work in the SC thumb pane.
Edit: Another option is of course to focus the "Name" field whenever a singe file is selected in thumbs pane.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:51:17 AM by ccondrup » Logged
ccondrup
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »

Is this not the correct place to request features, is there a bugtracker I should submit a ticket to?
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20:19 AM »

You should be able to place them here, Mouser usually responds quite quickly, but he might have missed this thread

I'm taking the liberty to try to improve the information a bit:
1. What is your request here?
2. That's a real feature request.
3. This may be dependent on the way this explorer-like view is displayed. Mouser should be able to elaborate on this.

ccondrup
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 06:34:03 AM »

Thanks Ath.

1. If I take two (or more) screens on one day, I get:
"screen_2012.04.22.png" and then
"screen_2012.04.22 002.png"
The latter has a space in the file name, due to the auto sequencing feature adding " 002". Since I work a lot towards the web I would prefer it to add an underscore rather than a space, so ideally for me, screenshot number two would be suffixed with "_02" instead of " 002".

The screenshot in my post above shows my settings and in the background you can see two named files as an example. I know I can use %num% to always add the counter but I was hoping to avoid the extra length of the file name.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »

I was going to suggest using "datetime" instead of "date"+sequential numbering.
but I see that doesnt work either - for format Screenshot - %datetime% I get:
Screenshot - 2012-05-04 , 12_21_21

Tom
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:33:47 AM »

I was going to suggest using "datetime" instead of "date"+sequential numbering.
but I see that doesnt work either - for format Screenshot - %datetime% I get:
Screenshot - 2012-05-04 , 12_21_21
In that case %date%-%time% should be close to what you want smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.05 ]