ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Yumps Videos

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I'm going to try to occasionally post a video showing some YUMPS features.

Be warned these are rough single-tale things, and I've not spent any time on making the software LOOK good -- only getting the core functionality up and running.

With that said, here's a video teasing some of the "Bridged Login" features, which let users log-in with 3rd party accounts like facebook, google, twitter, etc:

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/yumps/bridgedlogins/bridgedlogins.html

mouser:
And here is a video on changing your email address -- slightly more complicated than you might think:

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/yumps/changingemail/changingemail.html

mouser:
And here is a video teasing the new addons functionality as well as a look at the features that let administrators "impersonate" users:

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/yumps/addonsandimpersonation/addonsandimpersonation.html

jgpaiva:
Not sure if this is the right place to post opinions on this stuff, bur, regarding the first video:
1 - when you create a bridged account, I think it should say not only the site it is bridged with (in this case, twitter) but also the username. I can easily see a situation where you bridge an account with someone else's twitter account (which was left logged in on your browser).
2 - I find the "bridge this external account with an existing YUMPS account" workflow a bit confusing, I do understand that you are trying to reuse the same login screen, but somewhere there should be an indication that you are logging in again to your <existing> yumps account. For example, what happens if I loggin with my facebook which is not yet registered, select the option for bridging with an existing account, and then login with twitter which is also not yet registered? I'm rambling, but the conclusion is that the whole process is a bit confusing and I'm not sure if it's very useful, since you can also bridge accounts after you logged in with the existing account and go to account management.

jgpaiva:
Regarding the second video, I see that you request a password for changing the email. But from what I understood, it is possible that someone did not create a password (because they logged in with a bridged account). What happens then, the user has to create a password?

Also, on a related matter, when a user creates an account, she must specify an email and a username. While I can see that this is useful for forums and other stuff, in a situation where you just want to differentiate users, giving a username and an email sounds like an overkill. I'm thinking of a blog, for example, where the user is required to login to comment on articles. But more complex examples could be found: for a forum, you could allow people to create new posts without requiring a username and email (their username would become the same as the one from twitter, for example). I think people would be happy not to have to give their email to post. (obviously, the system should present some disclaimer saying that if they don't provide an email, they will not be reachable by the forum admins).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version