ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MyInfo organizer 61% discount on April 23, 2012

<< < (3/4) > >>

rgdot:
Glad you mentioned it! TreeProjects 2.5 with encryption/password protection will be released in a couple of days.
-yaroslavp (April 28, 2012, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
I went ahead and bit on the MyInfo deal.  Now I can't find a way to import data from most other PIM/outliner software.  >:(

I'm not starting anything new with MyInfo until I find a way to get my Ultra Recall data into it. And if that's not possible then I guess I got another candidate for the round file. Getting tired of this same old shit.

Anyone here familiar with MyInfo?

Jim

barney:
J-Mac, you might check the UR export/MI import capabilities.  I can't test right now, on Android away from home.

I still have Info Select (IS), Ultra Recall (UR), and MyBase (MB) installed, as well as MyInfo (MI).  I have ~15 years of data in IS, maybe a year's worth in UR, ~six (6) months in MB, and another six (6) months in MI.  I'm not about to spend the time - and the frustration  :o! - to move that data into a new product, particularly when the data prolly won't completely fit  :(.  So I have access to my history in fairly short order, even though I no longer use those products on a daily basis.  Might be something to consider, provided your usages will allow it  :-\.  (For my purposes, MI comes closest to doing what I did for years in IS.)

J-Mac:
I did and to be perfectly honest - unless I am misreading them - they both suck big time. With UR you can export documents and rich text items to a folder, item attributes only to a CSV file, text items only to a rich text file, item notes to a rich text file, or items to an XML file. MI can import IE Favorites, and it looks like plugins are needed for most other imports; yet I only see two plugins on their site: askSam or Diary 2012. Of course the XML export from UR would be the thing to use, but... MyInfo doesn’t do XML. Been promising to look into it for some time now if I believe the dev's comments in his forum, but no action on it ever.

IMO, they both bite because of their poor transfer of data capabilities.

Thank you.

Jim

barney:
Yeah, I've been underwhelmed by the import export capabilities of any of the so-called pims  :P.  Those functions always seem to come across as afterthoughts, and seldom seem very well thought out  :mad:.  Kinda surprising - to me, anyway - considering how long XML has been around  :huh:.

[Aside:  I hate OSKs  >:( :P.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version