ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MyInfo organizer 61% discount on April 23, 2012

<< < (2/4) > >>

berry:
I have studied MyInfo and am impressed. However, it doesn't stop me from saying that this kind of application, PIMs and alike, in general is much too expensive for me. MyInfo as well; the Bits du Jour price should really be the normal price, for me to be a customer.

However, THANKs for stopping by and telling, milenix.com!

-Curt (April 22, 2012, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1
However as a developer, speaking from experience, I'd like to add that a more reasonable (inexpensive) pricing model often leads to fewer sales. Our society assumes if pim1 sells for $49.99 and pim2 sells for $9.95 there's no way pim2 is going to be any good, so you get very few downloads and even fewer sales for $9.95 than you would at say, $29.95.

The psychology of selling software is mind boggling.

Curt:
The psychology of selling software is mind boggling.-berry (April 22, 2012, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

-especially because some will say one or another free open source version is the better version.  ;D

My beef with these PIMs is that they basically are tabbed RTF editors using a proprietary format

-which is why I use the much simpler PageFour from softwareforwriting; plain rtf !
edited: but of course it isn't a PIM, but a software for writing ;-)

milenix.com:
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

The deal is now on:
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/myinfo/

milenix.com:
The deal is valid for today too.

yaroslavp:
Recently tried TreeProjects, also proposed on BdJ, and I really like it : light on resources, efficient.  Lacks encryption at the moment but the developer has added many features in the past few months, hopefully this one is in the roadmap.
-MerleOne (April 22, 2012, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you mentioned it! TreeProjects 2.5 with encryption/password protection will be released in a couple of days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version