topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GOG is reprising their "End of the World" sale for 2 Jan 2013  (Read 3606 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GOG is redoing the "End of the World" sale that they had on Dec 21 - there are a bunch of bundles at 75% off and nearly all of their games are 50% off if you decide not to go with a bundle.

If you like old, nostalgic games, it's a good time to buy.  I've been replaying Ultima Underworld the past few days, and I'm loving it (but my sleep cycle isn't).

All games on GOG are DRM free.

http://www.gog.com/

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GOG is reprising their "End of the World" sale for 2 Jan 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59 PM »
GOG is redoing the "End of the World" sale that they had on Dec 21 - there are a bunch of bundles at 75% off and nearly all of their games are 50% off if you decide not to go with a bundle.

If you like old, nostalgic games, it's a good time to buy.  I've been replaying Ultima Underworld the past few days, and I'm loving it (but my sleep cycle isn't).

I've bought over 10 games through Gog.com  The only thing I don't like is having to use their downloader, I prefer my own.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08 PM »

I've bought over 10 games through Gog.com  The only thing I don't like is having to use their downloader, I prefer my own.

You can directly download- you don't have to use their downloader.

gog.pngGOG is reprising their "End of the World" sale for 2 Jan 2013

See the Gog downloader mode- notice how mine is off?  If you click with it off, it downloads directly.  I don't think it supports other speed up programs (especially those that download over multiple threads), but you can download directly.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:02 PM »
You can directly download- you don't have to use their downloader.
 See the Gog downloader mode- notice how mine is off?  If you click with it off, it downloads directly.  I don't think it supports other speed up programs (especially those that download over multiple threads), but you can download directly.

Well, yes and no.  If you live on the other side of the pond or have really high speed internet service it isn't a problem.  But where I'm at, out in the middle of nowhere with satellite internet, I keep getting dropped packets and timeouts.  When you start the download you only have so many minutes (10 I think) before the URL ceases to work.  Then you have to re-start your download with a new URL.  This is to prevent people from sharing the download URL with their buddies.  Because of threshold limitations, the only time I can download without using up my limit is between midnight and 6 AM when it don't cost me, so I can't just sit around renewing the URL every time the download stops for more than 10 minutes.  If I don't get my beauty sleep I can get quite ugly.   ;)