ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Found an Office Ribbon UI Editor

<< < (2/2)

leafcreations:
Hi,

It is great to see people talking and interested in my application. Just to clarify, I am not a developer for Microsoft. I develop using Microsoft products. I started with 2003 and now use 2007 and 2010.

I can see the confusion in my text, I should change it :huh:.

Thanks again for the props!

The man is a Microsoft developer:

Why develop Office Ribbon Editor?

As a Microsoft developer, I was faced with new challenges when Microsoft introduced the new Ribbon UI in their Office 2007 suite. In the beginning, I was excited with the possibilities, but I quickly became overwhelmed with the amount of work that was required to get a ribbon up and running.

I was extremely thankful when I came across the OpenXMLDeveloper's web site and discovered their tool. Coding became easier, but I soon found myself yelling at the editing tool! This is when Office Ribbon Editor was born. My application is based on OpenXMLDeveloper'sCustomUI Editor.

My goal in developing Office Ribbon Editor was to:
Correct issues or failures I found to be annoying.
Introduce a better coding environment with helpful tools
-Peter Leaf
--- End quote ---

>screenshots<

--- End quote ---

[/quote]

Curt:
-welcome here, leafcreations

and Good Luck with the version 4.5 Portable development  :up:

kalos:
interesting, although I think ribbons will become obsolete in future Office versions

leafcreations:
From things I have seen, the ribbon is still in Office under windows 8 and the metro style.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version