ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

TextAdept: Lua-extensible Editor

(1/5) > >>

ewemoa:
Today, Edvard pointed out TextAdept:

Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and ridiculously extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers. Written in a combination of C and Lua and relentlessly optimized for speed and minimalism over the years, Textadept is an ideal editor for programmers who want endless extensibility options without sacrificing speed or succumbing to code bloat and featuritis.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps trying to extend TextAdept and read some of its source may be a helpful activity if one is interested in learning some Lua.

For the win32 download of version 5.2, got the following checksums:

MD5: 20eabe5ae0d62dfd8b44cb3f7cb3ad83
SHA1: bc35c8b9743ffb29fd5669a78cefbb79fa643b4b

phitsc:
Thanks ewemoa, looks interesting.

phitsc:
Found a pros/cons review comparing Textadept with Sublime/VIM/Emacs here:

http://yfl.bahmanm.com/Members/ttmrichter/software-reviews/textadept-review

Current version is 7.2 by the way.

phitsc:
Textadept has moved on since the review as it seems. 7.2 which I'm running right now has tabs for example.

Jibz:
My biggest problem with Textadept is the font rendering on Windows. The following compares Textadept (dark theme) with Sublime (solarized theme), using the Source Code Pro and Consolas fonts:

According to the author, it's a problem with GTK on Windows, but I simply can't look at it for more than a few minutes without developing a headache -- it feels a bit like watching one of those anaglyph 3D images without wearing the glasses :(.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version