ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for something close to Evernote Ver2.xx

<< < (2/2)

tslim:
I have a quick run through on RightNote, unfortunately, it is quite different from Evernote 2.x

1. It has a tree-structure of folders to hold notes, instead of tag-tree. Evernote 2.xx does not implement folder-tree and tag-tree separately and I find that is much more efficient. To me this is a crucial difference between the two, they have totally different tagging mechanism.

2. Evernote 2.x allow dragging a tag and dropping it on a note to tag it, this is very convenient. RightNote can't do that.

Btw, I have tried (I have even signed up one month Evernote premium account in order to actually try out) the new Evernote and the main reason I gave up Evernote 4.x is, they have basically spoil the best part of Evernote - its tagging system.

New Evernote insists on treating every tag universally, which means a "tag" once defined will appear in all notebook. At first glance, that seems to be nothing a big deal, but once you have more than one content rich notebooks, you will be quickly frustrated by all the nonsense on the tag list... and the new tag listing is so clumsy and hard to use. What a stupid new version!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version