ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Error message when i restart my pc

(1/3) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello folks, i am getting an error when i restart my pc i.e., ?8?^ Program not found. Skipping autocheck.

I know when i had used DiskKeeper lite and i used it couple of times, and after i had uninstalled and then when i restarted i have been receiving these messages, i don't know what to make of it.
                 Is their any way to remove this error messages from my PC................

Many thanks......

KynloStephen66515:
Sounds like a virus I had a few years ago...

Not to worry you too much, but all I managed to do to fix it, was to secure all my important files onto another HDD (Try using a live CD of linux) - and then format :(

Maybe something different, but certainly looks the same  :(

**edit**

DO NOT FORMAT until you know the root of this problem, it may well be that it is something entirely different...Its unlikely that it is the same thing, as I am talking around 6 years ago.

kunkel321:
One thing to try...  Go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals and get Autoruns.  It will scan your system for any and all startup entries (not just the ones in your startup folder).  Look around for anything that could have been put there by DiskKeeper.  You might also install RevoUninstaller and then RE-install DiskKeeper, and uninstall it with Revo (Revo will check for left over orphaned files and reg data).

mouser:
It's probably not a virus, so don't get scared.  But do see if you can track down what it is.

hulkbuster:
It's probably not a virus, so don't get scared.  But do see if you can track down what it is.
-mouser (April 19, 2012, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do i start and what do i do,,,, and how do i find what it is....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version