ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dynamically updatable bookmark database from any browser

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
I believe you can do that with xmarks and profiles for sync with certain machines.  I'm not sure though, as I've never explored it.
-wraith808 (April 23, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, those were the features that I was using in 2010. It was brilliant, but a bit tricky to set up and maintain. It would probably be even better now. I think my file/folder duplication problem (described above) was probably because I tried to be too clever with the system in attempting to get it to do the sort of thing that @Josh is wanting to do also. I don't know how many users had the same sort of problem as I had. (Haven't googled it or checked the Xmarks forum for a long time.)

Josh:
So, anyone have any recommendations for a solution to this? I would love to see this feature!

IainB:
Yes! Try Xmarks out.
If you do, please let us know how you get along.

Josh:
I've tried XMarks and, like others have said, the profiles option is painful to use.

wraith808:
Well, painful might be all you have right now.  I don't think any other service like this has even that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version