ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

automate database building

<< < (4/4)

kalos:
much appreciated, thanks!
-kalos (April 26, 2012, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
So is that what in part what you're looking for?
-Renegade (April 26, 2012, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
this is a part of the whole procedure

Now, I think I am looking for a filetype or some kind of program that will be able to display the below info. I imagine it as a table, but it can be anything.
- it will display an index/list of entries/fields:
1) chemical1
  1.1) chemical2
  1.2) chemical3
  1.3) chemical4
2) chemical5
3) chemical6
etc
- each entry/field will have a specific title (eg chemical1) and "inside" it, a specific file can be stored (pdf, txt, jpg, png files)
- if a field/entry of the index/list (eg. 1.3) has not any file stored, it will be marked as red, which will indicate that it's empty, otherwise, it will be marked as green, which means that it has a file stored in it
- all the files above, will be able to be extracted in a folder and subfolders, according to the list/index

I dont know if EXCEL can do this, I bet AHK can do this, if it is easy, I will try, but is there a ready solution ?

Renegade:

1) chemical1
  1.1) chemical2
  1.2) chemical3
  1.3) chemical4
2) chemical5
3) chemical6
-kalos (April 26, 2012, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Where does that information come from?

kalos:

1) chemical1
  1.1) chemical2
  1.2) chemical3
  1.3) chemical4
2) chemical5
3) chemical6
-kalos (April 26, 2012, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Where does that information come from?
-Renegade (April 26, 2012, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is the wordlist, a textfile

Renegade:
It is the wordlist, a textfile
-kalos (April 26, 2012, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

But why is there a hierarchy in the word file? Isn't it 1 entry per line? Are they indented with a tab or 4 spaces or something? What's the logic there for how it applies to the PDFs? Or is the 1.1, 1.2 stuff irrelevant?

kalos:
tIt is the wordlist, a textfile
-kalos (April 26, 2012, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

But why is there a hierarchy in the word file? Isn't it 1 entry per line? Are they indented with a tab or 4 spaces or something? What's the logic there for how it applies to the PDFs? Or is the 1.1, 1.2 stuff irrelevant?

-Renegade (April 26, 2012, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

there is some hierarchy and some categorization, but I thought that, for begining, a simple wordlist would be suffice, and afterwards I would add the hierarchy and categories, etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version