ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Include Windows 7 Start Button Search Results in FARR?

<< < (3/5) > >>

David.P:
Ah that worked -- thanks!

daddydave:
I renamed the shortcuts so that they too had "(cpanel)" in the name
-daddydave (May 03, 2012, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, that didn't work for me...

It seems as if the target syntax (colons) is somewhat different between the original FARR cpanel shortcuts and the ones copied from the Godmode folder:

All shortcuts however work if simply double-clicked! Only FARR doesn't seem to see them  :redface:

Cheers David
-David.P (May 03, 2012, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm.. I should clarify that I don't have the bare Control Panel Tasks in  FindAndRunRobot\scripts\Control Panel (cpanel), I have those in another folder. I right-dragged and dropped to the FindAndRunRobot\scripts\Control Panel (cpanel) folder to create the shortcuts.

This is the same as tomos's way, just a different search folder. Glad you got it working!

And +1 for the suggestion to have FARR do this automatically.

daddydave:
I think my %FARRDIR%\scripts search folder (which houses the Control Panel shortcuts) originally required a cpanel modifier keyword but I removed the modifier:

IainB:
I made the "god folder",
then I made the shortcuts here (by alt dragging contents of god folder):
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GodMode_Shortcuts
FARR can read them
 (see attachment in previous post)
-tomos (May 03, 2012, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for asking the Q @David.P.
I had been wanting to do this for some time, and this discussion and @Tomos (thanks also) told me how.
So:

* I created the GodMode folder (A) with the name "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"
* I created a folder (B) at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\GODMode folder shortcuts.
* I dragged all the 272 items in (A) and dropped them into (B), where they took the extension ".lnk".
* Then added the (B) folder to FARR search list:(Sorry about the colours, but for some time I have been experimenting with my Window colours in "Change window colors and metrics". Makes my eyeballs ache sometimes.)

The FARR result is not perfect yet - does not show the .lnk name. How do I force that?
(Corrected 2012-05-05 0107hrs NZT.)

tomos:
The FARR result is not perfect yet - does not show the .lnk name. How do I force that?
-IainB (May 03, 2012, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

It does here - could that possibly depend on your Windows Explorer settings (hide file extension- or not) ?**

Icons are not shown here in FARR, dont know why, but it doesnt really bother me - I know where there coming from then...

** EDIT/  or maybe in FARR under display settings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version