ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CintaNotes 1.6, 10 April 2012, goes "Freemium" (pay for extra features)

(1/3) > >>

rjbull:
Apr 10, 2012 — First Commercial Release! Version 1.6
License change notice: with this version, the licensing model changes to "Freemium". Basic functionality (which covers all features of version 1.5.7) continues to be free, but the new commercial features require buying a Personal or Company license.

* Multiple notebooks support. (Commercial) Feature

CintaNotes now has the "File/Open" and "File/Save As..." commands, and also has the recently opened files list to easily switch between different DB files. The name of the currently opened DB file is displayed in the main window title (unless it is "cintanotes.db").
    * Ctrl+Enter shortcut to paste note text into currently active application. (Commercial)Feature
    * Exporting notes to HTML format. (Commercial)Feature
    * Tag sidebar can now display tag usage counts. (Commercial)Feature

This allows you to easily see which tags are underused and can be merged or removed. Tag count display can be turned off in Options/Tags menu.
    * Unified and consistent search behavior: Search behavior is now unified and consistent. "Exact search" mode has been removed. Instead there's an option to search inside words. Now you can always use the logical operators: space as AND and '|' as ORFeature

If you need to search for an exact quote, put it in doublequotes, like this: "to be or not to be".
    * Support for mixed case tags.Feature
    * "Cut" command for notes, and custom clipboard format to transfer notes from one notebook to another while keeping text formatting.Feature
    * New "Help/License" dialog to manage product licensing: The dialog includes ability to automatically fill licensing data from clipboard and also via clipping.Feature
    * Tag sidebar can now be resized with the mouse.Enhancement
    * New Options/Tags submenu to configure tagging options.Enhancement
    * New option: "Options/Clipping/After Clipping/Assign currently active tags"Enhancement

When this option is on, newly clipped notes are automatically assigned tags which are currently selected on the Tag Sidebar.
    * Note editor: Alt+C now works as shortcut for "Cancel".Enhancement
    * Ctrl+U shortcut for displaying untagged notes.Enhancement
    * Last used export format is now remembered in settings.Enhancement
    * Main menu reorganization. "Note Appearance" menu item moved to the Options menu.Enhancement
    * The executable is now signed with a digital signature.Enhancement
    * Proper metadata and version information in the executable.Enhancement
    * Note export dialog now includes the "Export scope" groupbox.Enhancement
    * Ctrl+Home/End in search box to focus note list and go to first/last note.Enhancement
    * Eliminated possibility of painting artefacts on window maximization.Fix
    * Full-text search was not working for East-Asian languages.Fix
    * Searching for "-a" lead to a "Malformed MATCH expression" error.Fix
    * Search could produce wrong results if query contained punctiation or delimiter characters.Fix
    * Copy/pasting note in the notes list lost text formatting.Fix
    * Pasting text in main window didn't recognize links.Fix
    * Removed redundant formatting tags in exported XML file.Fix
    * Non-ASCII characters in page URLs were corrupted on clipping.Fix
    * USB stick could not be safely removed after note import or export.Fix
    * Restoring focus after clipping was not working in Opera.Fix
    * Note editor: wrong window position after being mazimized.Fix
    * Note editor: lower pane height changed on Ctrl+S.Fix
    * Note editor: applying formatting cleared existing formatting.Fix
    * Note editor: pressing Enter twice didn't cancel bulleted and numbered lists.Fix
    * Note editor: Undo behavior was incorrect after pasting text from clipboard.Fix
    * Note editor: pressing F7 when Link is empty opened Windows Explorer.Fix

--- End quote ---

Personal license is $9.99, more for commercial license, one year of free updates included.

wraith808:
Link: http://cintanotes.com/

Forum Discussion: http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1291&sid=fd5ead4441520761de85fc254a68e80e

dantheman:
Roadmap too!  :P

This program is right next to FARR on my list of must programs to install.

TaoPhoenix:

Still too simplistic looking for me - it seems to stack all the notes into one giant heap.

And I can't seem to test out the HTML export *before* paying the license fee, so this is a no go for me.

dantheman:
Well, the html file is really basic. All in one with all the hyperlinks you had in CN intact.

Of course, the program in itself is really simple but when you can capture a url + text in one click and then search your whole database super fast without worrying about where you saved it, that is pretty darn good for me.  :-*
I remember a friend who would place all his paper work in one pile.
He knew pretty well where everything was much better than myself who tried to keep things "tidy".
IMO, the tagging part of CN helps to satisfy that "tidy" part of people (me included).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version