ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stop CISPA - Petition

(1/1)

Renegade:
Hello to all my lovely fellow DC'ers!

If you are interested, please sign this petition to help stop CISPA:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa_corporate_global/?tta

CISPA is more draconian legislation to destroy the Internet as we know it. It will crush privacy, and eliminate free speech.

Even if you are not American, you can still sign. We need a strong and free America. If freedom and privacy are stamped out in the US, that will follow for all the rest of us, wherever we live.

Please take a moment to ask yourself if you support stopping CISPA, and if you do, please sign.

Thank you,

Ryan

zridling:
It's a whack-a-mole strategy trying to defeat these ongoing bills. Governments will keep sending them down the pike and they will pass under the guise of terrorism or some excuse. But politicians and judges know where the money is -- corporations -- and this is yet another example of corporations writing your laws. Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?

tomos:
Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?
-zridling (April 19, 2012, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suspect that even if they were tech literate, we'd be suffering the consequence of their indifference.

TaoPhoenix:
It's a whack-a-mole strategy trying to defeat these ongoing bills. Governments will keep sending them down the pike and they will pass under the guise of terrorism or some excuse. But politicians and judges know where the money is -- corporations -- and this is yet another example of corporations writing your laws. Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?
-zridling (April 19, 2012, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh Oh Oh! I know this one!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Invaders

Just change the name and the graphics! That would be a fun little retro-but-modern program!  ;D

Stoic Joker:
Signed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version