ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Out for a bit -- not a byte

(1/2) > >>

Rover:
I'll be out of the country for a few days 5 -17'th and not reading DC.  :o

Please don't think I've gone away mad  ;D

Wait for me Cody....

nudone:

jgpaiva:
Oh... Poor Cody is feeling sad... So are we. Hope to see you soon, Rover!

Rover:
@Cody - Cheer up buddy bird, I'll be back in a few days.  :Thmbsup:

BTW, Paris had some riots while I was there.  Nothing to get excited about, they let me go :)  The Louver is freaking huge.  I mean really stinking big.  So is the Eiffel tower, but vertically so.
Florence, Italy was nice, but the hotel was a dive.  Best Western in Europe != Good.  Lots of cool exploring to do on foot in Florence, nice little town for 2 days or so.
Venice was wet; go figure.  They've got canals for streets.  At least we didn't have to dodge scooters on the sidewalk :)  Took a quick Gondola ride.  The guy didn't sing, or point out anything - no tip!  If you don't have a map or a guide in Venice, you're screwed!  All the buildings are tall, and the "streets" are either skinny or wet.  Not every cross-section is passable on foot!  Worth about 1.5 days of high $ exploring.

Just arrived in Milan.  Much more up to date.  Fashion district is WAY stuck up; overpriced too.

Best fun in Europe so far:  Cafe Latte in Italy and Cafe Creme in Paris.   mmmm  Good European steamed milk in European strong coffee.  Good stuff!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Most boring in Europe: old stuff.  Buildings, statues, streets, ladies etc.  I mean once you've seen 10-20 statues, or ancient buildings, you've pretty much seen them all.

Funny to see so many "younger" things that are older than our country (being from The USA).

Updates when I'm back in town.  ;)

noth(a)nk.you:
Thanks for the point of view!  I'll be watching for your next update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version