ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

can any explorer alternative do this?

<< < (4/5) > >>

kalos:
XYplorer has a bunch of tabs for searching. So you can search for various things - e.g. a filename (or part of it) and content from within the file.
See where the mouse arrow is? You select which aspects you want to search for & the relevant tabs are highlighted with blue text
 (see attachment in previous post)
-tomos (April 18, 2012, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I will settle with XYplorer, but I will take advantage of its 30-day trial for now, thanks! :D

if it included an as-you-type filter of files inside a folder, and if it allowed me to move the preview pane at the right, it would be best :/

DerekHal:
How about Locate32?

It's a standalone app which creates and uses its own index, but it's fast and it can search inside files.

Been using it for years. Maybe worth trying.

tomos:
I didn't say above:
XYplorer does *not* create an index - so something that indexes the files, like locate32, will be faster.

How about Locate32?-DerekHal (April 18, 2012, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

DonL:
XYplorer has a bunch of tabs for searching. So you can search for various things - e.g. a filename (or part of it) and content from within the file.
See where the mouse arrow is? You select which aspects you want to search for & the relevant tabs are highlighted with blue text
--- End quote ---

I think I will settle with XYplorer, but I will take advantage of its 30-day trial for now, thanks! :D

if it included an as-you-type filter of files inside a folder, and if it allowed me to move the preview pane at the right, it would be best :/
-kalos (April 18, 2012, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
The latter has been added yesterday (XYplorer beta v11.00.0004), the former will come soon. :)

kalos:
--- End quote ---

-kalos (April 18, 2012, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
The latter has been added yesterday (XYplorer beta v11.00.0004), the former will come soon. :)
-DonL (May 04, 2012, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version