topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 20, 2024, 7:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tab Launcher 1.0.0.0  (Read 5848 times)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Tab Launcher 1.0.0.0
« on: December 26, 2012, 03:44 PM »
This is the first official public release of Tab Launcher. I have added options to help speed it up as well as some special tabs. I have also put a lot of time into it and have decided to made it for sale for $5 USD. It is free to use as long as you wish, but there is a *Register* tab that is always there (unless it is registered of course). I have a lot of other ideas and additions that will be added in the future as well.

Please take a look and make sure you read the HELP.pdf file for more information! http://starpunch.net/?page=tab-launcher

You can also update buy right clicking in an empty space on a tab and choosing About and then press the Check for Update button.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tab Launcher 1.0.0.0
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I still use Circle Dock.

For me the killer ability is to have it launch where my mouse is. I have one of my mouse buttons allocated to it and this means very little movement is needed to launch programs. When you have a large screen, bumping the edge feels totally bad ergonomically, when it is not really needed. One reason why I like extensive right-click menus.

It is also portable, which I prefer.

PS The version I downloaded from the link on your site was 0.0.3.2. The About button will bring up the option to download 1.0.0.0 which takes you to a GoogleDrive. I downloaded and installed from there and it still said 0.0.3.2. It also does not lookup the installation folder of the previously installed version.

PPS I've not really played any more with it because I'm not really likely to use a launcher that doesn't come to my mouse and isn't portable. Otherwise seems quite neat.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Having the launcher show at the mouse position should be easy enough to add as an option and I should be able to make a portable option as well. Sorry about the download, I have fixed it and it should be the correct version that downloads now. Thanks for the feedback!

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Hi ,   have downloaded new version from your website and now I get an error message as shown below and nothing loads.

Tab Launcher error.png

regards nogojoe
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Sorry about that. I'll look into it and try to get an update out soon.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:28 PM »
I have fixed the error. There is a new update available. 1.0.0.1 or you can download a new setup file from my site. http://starpunch.net

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Hi not quite right yet

still getting error message on installing the same as before but instead of

Error 28/60 it is 28/61 now.

Tab Launcher error1.png

regards nogojoe
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Doh!  :( :-[  .. Very sorry about that. There is another update to 1.0.0.2. Please try this update. Hopefully all should work well now.

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Goes great now however another bug.
After I installed Tab Launcher it automatically ran the indexing do-da for cache purposes and everything seemed ok.
however when I enabled the cache icons under options-appearance menu I got the following error
Tab Launcher error2.png

with that I got no icons in my tabs at all.
when I disabled the above things came back to normal again
regards
nogojoe