Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 02:08:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations on meeting (or nearly meeting) your fund raising goal  (Read 16154 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »

One of the really wonderful things about the site, and I wish this was a lesson i had learned in my real life -- and i beg all of you younger folk to absorb it, is that DC is "Built to live within its means".

That is -- the only fixed expense of DC is the website hosting costs -- and that is inevitably correlated with donations.. So that if donations dropped precipitously at some point, we wouldn't need the bandwidth and could shift to a cheaper host.  Outside of that, every donation is just a wonderful bonus, and the site can run forever.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

ps. Tao your enthusiasm is heart warming  Kiss
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »

Moving away from softlayer or theplanet to some social media hyped host is bad decision you'll ever make. Anyway congrats.
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:12 PM »

ps. Tao your enthusiasm is heart warming  Kiss

Thank you! Enjoy it while it lasts! Vacations make me giddy : )

I'll be all somber and dignified again by Monday!  tongue
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »

Let's hope the donatin' spirit lasts longer than I!
We're up to $6,781 which is a couple of $5 dollar donations, which I know is way more than Mouser dreamed of, but Friends, Loyalists, join the Frenzy, embrace the spirit, of the Hallowed Holy Temple of the Devs! (And Hangers on!)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:42 PM »

Let's hope the donatin' spirit lasts longer than I!
We're up to $6,781 which is a couple of $5 dollar donations, which I know is way more than Mouser dreamed of, but Friends, Loyalists, join the Frenzy, embrace the spirit, of the Hallowed Holy Temple of the Devs! (And Hangers on!)

^+1!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.14 ]