ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Congratulations on meeting (or nearly meeting) your fund raising goal

<< < (2/7) > >>

db90h:
Ah, yes, what was I thinking.. of course we can transfer credits from one person to another. People have sent me credits in the past, and I've sent credits to other members, forgot all about that ;p. <SLAP> I musta tripped back 10 years ago in my mind, as I remember discussing this way back when. NOW I understand why people were telling me to release that early RegMerge alpha as a NANY submission.. I didn't see the point. Now I do.

I am not sure I understand fully #3 ...

3. Meanwhile, the "donation spread" isn't 100% private - this is the age of the internet gang, and before you jump all over me for being Captain Obvious, what the internet does best is Long Tails. So follow me here - we just had this giant bar telling us how much money came in... are you telling me that not one of DC's 100,000 members made a chart? "Gentle Obscurity" is a Pre-Internet notion! : )

--- End quote ---

Is this a solicitation to make such a chart (not showing member names, but donation amounts, and average donation amounts) ... or am I missing something else obvious? ;p

TaoPhoenix:
I presume you've seen that great thermometer up above?  ;D

I would be curious to know the frequency of 'large' donations, vs a bunch of small donations...
-db90h (April 14, 2012, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Drawing upon my penchant for semi-science, "When there is info to be tracked, as the number of users/visitors increases, the probability that someone is/has tracked it increases. A sample concept formula is ((interest of participants)*(type of data to be tracked)*(rewards for tracking including satisfaction)) / (Some constant that weeds out the number of people who don't wish to bother.)  8)

So what you're really asking, since there's a 73.1415926% chance someone has already made the chart, is "Will the real DC Shady Please Stand Up, Please Stand Up!"  :D

db90h:
Oh, I see... Sure, I noticed the chart, and can certainly divide ;) .. but that doesn't really tell me anything significant, as I'd guess 95% of registered users are not even active (with most registering, or being involved for a short period, then not returning).

EDIT: I guess I could poll the page and attempt to determine the average donation amount based on updates to the chart, lol. However, I don't care THAT much, hehe. I was just curious if there were any ... wealthy contributors. Let's put it that way.

TaoPhoenix:
No, not divide - record every change in the chart since day 1!

You know, it went up these little amounts! So the advanced math you need is subtraction!  

"$837 today at 1PM, it was $805 at 12:37..." ;D

But yes, that doesn't tell you the subscriber base. But it does capture every donation for two weeks (sample bias etc etc.)

db90h:
Yes, I was updating my post as you were posting, darned it ;p. I finally got your meaning, lol.

Of course, there is the issue of concurrent donations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version