topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: new FastPaste 3: 60% off  (Read 4430 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
new FastPaste 3: 60% off
« on: April 14, 2012, 06:35 AM »
http://www.bitsdujou.../software/fastpaste/
"today", Saturday 14 April 2012
From the maker of Swift To-Do List
homepage: http://www.dextronet.com/fastpaste

2012-04-14_132804.gif
FastPaste comes in two editions: Standard and Professional.

The Professional has all the features that are in the Standard edition, plus:

Scripts, which can be used to fill forms, execute keyboard shortcuts and keyboard sequences, and much more.
    Encryption to securely protect your database using very secure 256-bit AES encryption algorithm. If you encrypt your database, no one else will be able to open it without the password.

Standard:

Paste commonly used text phrases with hotkeys

Example: Press Ctrl+1 anywhere and FastPaste will insert your email address (or anything else)!
    Paste any text using a global hotkey or button
    Paste rich text (RTF)
    Paste images
    Global paste menu with all your clips
    Import/export text files, rich text files, images
    Clipboard formatting operations: Upper/Lower/Proper case, Remove Diacritics, Reverse text, etc.
    Copy current time or date quickly at any time
    Instantly and completely clear clipboard
    Minimizes to system tray
    Export hotkey overview to HTML
    30 clips per project, unlimited number of projects
    Up to 300 clips easily accessible with keyboard or buttons

http://www.bitsdujou.../software/fastpaste/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:08 PM by Curt »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: new FastPaste 3: 60% off
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Hi,

Normally I am not into clipboard managers too much (I'm not sure what I am supposed to manage) .. however this looks like it might carry over more into form filling or phrase choosing.

Anybody using it who can give informed comments ? The 3-PC Standard might be a good deal, if it really would become an everyday item. (If I really, really liked it, then the scripts could be considered later.)

Steven

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52 PM »
I am not into clipboard managers too much (I'm not sure what I am supposed to manage)
-Steven Avery (April 14, 2012, 01:29 PM)
Think: extender or enhancer.  Programs of this type keep your earlier clips in a kind of database, so you can recall them at will.  Permanent clips for boilerplate text.  Extra features like reformatting text etc.  For good examples, look at mouser's CHS or at ArsClip.

this looks like it might carry over more into form filling or phrase choosing.
-Steven Avery (April 14, 2012, 01:29 PM)
I wondered about that.  Many clipboard extenders can fill in forms as long as you organise things first, i.e., you always paste into a standard form.  I doubt this is a competitor for RoboForm, that can figure out what goes where in a form and fill it in for you, but just asked that question on Bits du Jour to find out for sure.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 02:36 AM »
Hi,

After trying it, I just bought Fastpaste, Standard version, on todays Bits, $12.

As my snippet repository. email addies, urls, scripture quotes, other common quotes, maybe later pics and other stuff. It just seems crisp for that, with a very nice little editor to make sure that you have the RTF you want, which for me is fundamental.

As a very solid one-trick pony, I like it. The scripting right now is only keyboard, and I am trying to use it fully as a mouse thing anyway, so I passed on Professional, that included scripting and encyrption for $6 more.  For repetitive forms, if I had that need, LastPass is very good.

I would look at FastPaste as an RTF Repository program. I actually had a problem when I tried to use it as a pic .jpeg thing, so I should check that.

Steven