ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

detect color in pdf

<< < (2/2)

x16wda:
OK, next question, what is the framework?  Do you want a batch utility to do this and return a result you can check, or documentation on what to look for to incorporate into a routine you are writing, or ??

kalos:
yes, a utility or any other way to inform me that the pdf is only black and white
it would be best not to have to open the pdf (since it will be a batch process and it must be fast and quiet)
also checking the colors of its pixels, may not be accurate enough

kalos:
anyone?

tomos:
I'm curious why you need this kalos.

Related:
A few years back I sent a PDF for publication, it was vector "line-art" (black only) with "Black" text - it should have been treated as a one colour (Black) print, but for some reason the file insisted on been treated as full colour at their end (or maybe it was their layout software that insisted on treating it so). I dont really have much experience in this field, and the person I was dealing with at the publishers didnt really seem to be much of an expert either. We narrowed it down to the text, but couldnt figure out why it was so (as said, it was simply black text). To be honest I cant remember what exactly our solution was, we converted the file to "greyscale"/Black in some manner.

So, anyways, just curious :)
Also, if there is a solution, I'll certainly have a go at checking some PDFs... out of cusiousity :p

kalos:
One purpose would be my request long time ago, to send colored pages to color printer and the black ones to b/w printer

But, moreover, now, and I have a program that outputs pdfs, and and if it has a colored element, and it means that it belongs to a certain category and must be treated specifically

For automation purposes in brief.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version